[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - British SAS Commando Car ~ Italeri

British SAS Commando Car ~ Italeri

Post your in progress shots and descriptions on British subjects here

British SAS Commando Car ~ Italeri

Postby David Madsen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 pm

Here is a side build I started to take a break from my other builds. I wasn't sure if I should have put this is American but since it was mostly used by the SAS in this mod, I figure this would be the appropriate location. I think I'm going to go with the Europe build of this being they added the extra armor to the front and used two large drums for fuel rather than small gas cans after Africa; at least that's to my knowledge.

David Madsen

Re: British SAS Commando Car ~ Italeri

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Yes it's good to have side builds amer_lol as others can bog down. One thing to take a look tis the front grille as these are modified in the real ones. There are some vertical bars that are cut out. I'll take a look for reference for you if I get a chance.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14 pm

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Here are some more updates; add the seats, fuel tanks along with armor plating and vickers mounts. I did some reading on the grill and discovered they did this during the Africa campaign to help airflow to the engine due to the very hot temperatures.

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:06 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:00 am

Looking good David. thumb6

Nice work on the grills.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:55 am

Interesting project. A friend has offered me that kit months ago, and I refused because I don't know how good - or bad- it was.

I'll keep watching

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys, I like the turnout of the grilles as well. So here are some more updates. I primed with Tamiya semi gloss but ran out so then used some Model Master Flat Black which added an interesting texture to the two fuel tanks on the rear, not sure how well you can see the result in the pictures but that's what happened there. It sort of looks like chipping paint. I then did a base coat with Model Master Olive Drab and detailed guns and such with tamiya acrylics.

David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:02 am

Looking good David.

Have you finished painting the guns? I only ask as they should be a dark gunmetal color not bright silver. See the reference photos at the start of your thread or search Vickers K gun in Google.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Next

Return to British Tanks of World War Two