[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - British Armoured Car Pattern 1920 Mk.I ~ Roden

British Armoured Car Pattern 1920 Mk.I ~ Roden

Post your in progress shots and descriptions on British subjects here

Re: British Armoured Car Pattern 1920 Mk.I ~ Roden

Postby David Madsen » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm

That wood grain looks great! I'm very impressed. :shock:
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:25 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Some more progress shots from today

The tires with a "Black Smut" (love that name from CMK pigments!) rub

Wheels, and spares are now glued in place for all time...finally!

the headlights get some attention...and the machine gun pre painted black as well.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:54 am

Machine gun painted and installed

Side lights and headlights installed. Roden include a tiny square of clear plastic with circle printed that one is supposed to cut out and place in the headlights openings. I mean really? In this day and age? Really? So I used some MV or some other type of resin lens for the side ones and now need to hunt for bigger ones for the front lights.

This shot I include just to show the scale of this RR car next to the German Kfz 13 in comparison. It was pretty big!
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:55 pm

The next step to getting this done was to take care of the head light problem. Since the kit provided option was very lame, I chose to improve the look of things with some clear plastic cut from some clear plastic packaging from an old Voyager PE packaging, and a couple of MV lenses. The interior of the headlight was painted with a chrome Tamiya paint marker, and then the MV lens was inserted followed byy the clear plastic "cover". I am fairly please with the look. Here the right side, (in the photo) is installed.

The pair complete

Some more weathering is applied

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Marcos Serra » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:40 am

Wow, Jamie !!!!

What a job !!!!
#^( #^( #^(

Congrats

Marcos Serra

Postby Michael Seemann » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Great rendition of this kit Jamie. Makes me want to order one for myself! :bulb:
Michael Seemann

Postby David Johannsen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

David Johannsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Johannsen » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:15 am

David Johannsen

PreviousNext

Return to British Tanks of World War Two