[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - British Armoured Car Pattern 1920 Mk.I ~ Roden

British Armoured Car Pattern 1920 Mk.I ~ Roden

Post your in progress shots and descriptions on British subjects here

Re: British Armoured Car Pattern 1920 Mk.I ~ Roden

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Nice looking engine-tires not.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:04 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Here you can see I have added a few more parts not necessarily as the kit's instruction sheet would have you, trying to keep in mind the order that will allow me to assure that all the armour plates line up proper.

Dry fit

Turret parts

Last of the suspension and front armour assembly.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:39 pm

So I would like to say that this is a pretty good kit but kinda rough as well, a typical Eastern Block, if I can use that term anymore, kit. The plastic is kinda weird , sort of like soapstone or something. Some of the parts are a bit rough in the fit as well. The doors on the back did not really just slide into place and the hinges did not actually touch the armour body. This was all rectified with some judicious use of sand paper ect and some clamps. And to top it off the lower left hinge on the door part seemed to have a short shot and was not fully formed. :eek:

Turret parts cemented and rubber-bandized

A dry fit

Everything glued and spray painted with the Tamiya Semi Gloss Black

The vinyl tires received some special care with a prime using Mr. Surfacer

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:17 am

Looking good Jamie. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm

1920 Rolls-Royce Armored Car Mark Ia – Technical Data

Length: 16´8 ½”

Width: 7´2”

Height: 7´8”

Combat Weight: 10.213 lbs .

Ground Clearance: 10”

Wheel Track: Front 4´8 ¼”

Engine: Rolls-Royce 6 cylinder, water cooled in-line gas engine.

Armor: Maximum 0.335”

Armament: 1x .303 Vickers machine gun.

Ammunition: 3.000 rounds

Fuel Capacity: 18 Imp. Gallons, 5 reserve.

Operating Range: 192 miles

Maximum Speed: Road 55 mph ; cross country 38 mph .

Crew: 3 or 4.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Anyone have any pics BTW for the desert one from the No.1 Sqn?
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:37 pm

So I managed to get a little work done this past weekend and got some paint on the thing. Some of the alignment is off on some of the parts but most of it I could live with but the front armour- I devised to try that again as the way it looked just bugged me too much. So I ripped the parts off gently and did some sanding and then glued the parts back. I like it better. Plus I added some parts on the back and front and painted the tires.
Next up is some Future.
I have order the next one in this series from Roden, the one with the desert tires,I'll try harder with that one! ;-)
Anyways- long day-- I'm tied- I'll let the pics speak for them selves. Ciao for now!

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Nice. It's intresting that it has a "pickup" type body.
Dan
Dan Reed

PreviousNext

Return to British Tanks of World War Two