[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - 1/24, Tasca Panzer II F...and dark grey

1/24, Tasca Panzer II F...and dark grey

Ask any questions regarding real Panzerkampfwagen II or modelling them.

Re: 1/24, Tasca Panzer II F...and dark grey

Postby Steve Sprague » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:35 pm

Hey James, thanks for the information and that great pic showing the true Panzer Grey 8-) Ive got colors real close to that.
Steve Sprague

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Glad they are of use.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:40 am

That´s an quite interesting thread.
I got to agree with you guys (and I doubt Murat is gonna be pissed), most of the times, the Panzergrau we put on our tanks is to light and I´m not the biggest fan of the blueish shades as well, but I think we got to think about what the modeler is trying to achieve. At the moment it seems like modelling splits in two groups, the Artists that try to work on new techniques and on the other side the guys that try to be as accurate as possible. I guess it´s a matter of taste.
I´m guilty as well when it comes to light Panzergrau, but for me a kit, sprayed with pure Grey is just a tad too dark and it´s hard to make out any details, especially on pics. Which leads to another point we shouldn´t forget, most of the guys on here are only able to see our builds on the pics and a very dark kit neither does look very interesting or pleasing to the eyes nor makes it possible to see the details if you know what I mean :).

To show that I´m guilty as well:

And here is a pretty cool video with some vehicles in Panzergrau (the music sucks big time though ;) ):
Markus Lack

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:15 am

Markus Lack

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 am

I think another way to put it is that the hobby is big into fads-it started with Verlinden and making your models look like his (The Verlinden Way) and it changes every few years. The hobby has a way of most of all of us thinking something model-wise "should look a certain way" such as certain colors. I think it's the same in 35th scale figures faces-theres alot of detail in such a small area-is that really right?
Another book to look at for color dark panzer gray photos is Osprey's book on the 6th Panzer Division.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:31 pm

I don´t know James, to me, being able to "breathe" life in some pieces of plastic, metal, resin or whatever IS some kind of art.
In my eyes it´s not very different from people painting on canvas with the exception that we don´t need a sketch if you know what I mean ;).
Markus Lack

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen II