Revell 1/35 Kommandowagen (Dragon Kit)

WW II German railway related projects

Revell 1/35 Kommandowagen (Dragon Kit)

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:43 pm

I've finally got around to posting my build of this kit. I started this many years ago and I will be using the kit to experiment with painting techniques.

See Jamie's post for the instructions.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=703

I built stage 2 a while back. One of the D1 parts was distorted, but otherwise it fits OK and the wheels can remain moveable if you don't glue them.

At least 10-12 years ago, I had originally hand painted some parts with thick acrylic sand paint. :oops: I stripped the paint using Testor's Universal Acrylic Airbrush Cleaner, as this was recommended in a model magazine for stripping acrylic paint without damaging the plastic. Apparently it can be used on clear parts as well.

I have attached most of the parts to the main body panels.

The rain guards? above the vision slits are separate parts and need care when cleaning up. I used a flexi-file for these and it greatly helped the clean up.

The coupling hooks took quite a bit of cleaning up, as there is a mold seam on the inside of the hook.

There should be a row of bolt heads around the outside of the roof, but as I had damaged some of the bolt heads a long time ago I removed them.

Part F1 the main turret part has on its sides slightly raised lines in a square shape to help align the MG ports C7. However, these don't line up properly with the MG ports. I sanded the sides down so the lines are just visible. There are also gaps around parts F9.

That's all for now. Hopefully I may be able to glue the main body by the end of the week.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Re: Revell 1/35 Kommandowagen (Dragon Kit)

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 am

Nice clean work Tim. Will be nice to see some of the more unusual subjects.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 am

Thanks Roy.
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

thumb4 nice to see this one before I start mine should I ever be motivated to build again.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Hope you will Jamie, your builds are always great and inspire me to do more with mine.
Tim Coulson

Return to German Panzerzuege