[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Tristar Panzer I/A fenders- wrong length.

Tristar Panzer I/A fenders- wrong length.

questions and answers about Panzer I based vehicles

Tristar Panzer I/A fenders- wrong length.

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:07 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Tristar Panzer I/A fenders- wrong length.

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:53 pm

:shock: Thanks for the advice!

DarĂ­o
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 am

I really noticed this as I was fitting the after-market fenders which are the same length as the Tristar ones.

some pics to show what I mean. These are old builds- When I get a chance maybe I'll look into this further and use unpainted parts for clarity.
first some shots from the side of real vehicles from WWII

the Tristar fender

Dragon

and a drawing from Ground power.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm

The big question is.....does it affect the model?

I see your point though, I'm not looking to argue the point just saying.... :panzer1:

I have the early Tristar Pz 1 but never noticed...(I also have the Aber fender set).

Paul
Paul Truesdale

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Allan Williams » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Jamie,
After looking at the examples you've given, both photos of original vehicles and the models, and looking through anything I could discern from my own reference, I'd say they're both wrong for what it's worth.
Although it's hard to discern from most photos because the light never seems just right to catch the front line of the transmission cover, it appears that the fenders stopped at a point that is pretty much directly relative to this line. Which makes the Dragon and the Tristar versions incorrect to almost the same degrees to either side of this line.
All Doyle's drawings tend to follow this theory as does the one you've provided from Ground Power, although I've always found drawings are great as a guide but never as gospel.

Allan
Allan Williams

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 pm

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to Panzerkampfwagen I