[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - XX corps M2A1 Bastogne

XX corps M2A1 Bastogne

XX corps M2A1 Bastogne

Postby Ken Abrams » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:59 pm

This was a build I had started on another site a while back for a group build. That group builds deadline will soon be upon me and due to recent health reasons and such, I wont even come close to finishing it so I will continue this here. I will be building one of the decal options in the Dragon kit and pointing out the necessary changes one might choose to make if they want to replicate an accurate version on the fairly well known vehicle.

First, here are the popular photos of this vehicle with some notes as to some of the changes one would need to address.

These are some photos of the construction phases and the current state of the build. In order to get the skate rail bolts on the side panels I had to use the parts Dragon call out for to construct an 'M2' and add the reinforcing rail along the top for the M2A1 improvements.

I've also sanded away the brackets that Dragon place on the front bumper as these never existed. My guess is that a incorrectly refurbished vehicle was used as reference when researching this kit.

You can see the missing bracket and bolt detail of the pulpit shield in this cropping of a photo I got from the internet. I don't recall where I got it from but if I remember I will be glad to give the proper credit. EDIT: maquettegarden perhaps?

The pulpit with a pintel socket mounted and no skate rail.

Any questions/comments/critiques are as always, very much welcome. :Y)

Build how you like, like how you build.
Ken Abrams

Re: XX corps M2A1 Bastogne

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Hey Ken, I'm glad you decided to take this action. I for one believe you to be one of the more knowledgeable people about these American half-tracks and as I hope to get to some at some point in the future having your work on AW to refer to will obviously help me in creating a more accurate replica. Keep it coming!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to Semi-tracked vehicles