[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - 2cm Flak 38 grouping ~ DML, Tristar, and Italeri

2cm Flak 38 grouping ~ DML, Tristar, and Italeri

2cm Flak 38 grouping ~ DML, Tristar, and Italeri

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:51 am

This won't be anything but a building of the various examples out there on this subject, some with after market improvements and others perhaps not. It will be rather casual and any information that comes from it will be purely accidental. wss.
I decided to do this as while building the DML Sdkfz. 10 with the 2cm Flak 38 viewtopic.php?f=18&t=444 and felt perhaps a new thread concerning a comparison build would be a better way to go that having the info get lost in that half track thread.
I have the Tristar kits, #010, and #029, the Dragon kit #6288 as well as the one in the Flak Panzer I/A kit. Plus the Italeri kit that comes with their Sdkfz. 10 kit.
I have the after market PE from Voyager and Lionroar, relating to the Flak Panzer I/A as well as a seperate small PE set for the Tristar #010.
So stay tuned more info will be forth coming.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: 2cm Flak 38 grouping ~ DML, Tristar, and Italeri

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:48 pm

So I have six 2cm Flak 38 to build for this. I was working on tiling my floor today so I'm too worn out to post anything right now but I'll try tomorrow.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Okay why don't we start with listing of all the kits I have here in my collection that are going to be tackled in this process.
Italeri - I have two kits of theirs that contain the 2cm Flak 38-
1. Kit no. 371
Demag D7 with Flak 38

2. Kit no. 380
Opel Maultier with Flak 38

Dragon
3. Kit no. 6220
2cm Flak 38 auf Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf. A Flakpanzer I

4. Kit no. 6288
2cm Flak 38 mit Sd.Ah.51

5. Kit no. 6395
Sd.Kfz.251/17 Ausf.C

6. Kit no. 6676
Sd.Kfz.10/5 fur 2cm Flak 38

Tristar
7. Kit no. 35010
German 20mm Flak 38 Sd.Ah.51

8. Kit no. 35029
Geraman 20mm Flak 38 Late/Sd.Ah.51

AFV Club
9. Kit no. 35118
Sd.Kfz 251/17 Ausf.C
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 pm

So What I think I'll do is just start with the Voyager PE set and use it on one of the DML kits. I also will build another DML Flak 38 using the Lion Roar PE set. Working from the base up I will try and bring into focus all the different details that relate to that PE part update. Attention will also be brought other details to see how all the companies went about representing the various features.
Having gotten into one upgrade as of this writing I can say I'm pretty sure not all of the PE is an improvements.
I also have a Voyager set for a Tristar kit.
I will try and offer photographs and drawings that show how the real items were/are in relation to the model kits.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Allan Williams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:32 am

Looking forward to seeing the actual sprues/ kits Jamie.
Is the point of this exercise to establish the better quality kit, better kit to build or most accurate kit?
Although very early in the piece, it's interesting to note the similarities between the box art of the DML SdKfz 251/17 and the AFV Club one. Slightly different perspectives, different artists but with some very noticeable similarities, particularly with the weapon. Looks as though they've attempted to portray the early pattern Visier shield, albeit wrong, and it would be interesting to see the shield they've both included with their respective kits.
Are you going to be building these kits concurrently or consecutively, with the DML SdKfz 10/5 being the first?
Is it a bad omen that you've only shown us the box art and some arse has already thrown a barrage of questions? #^( :lol: :lol:

Allan
Allan Williams

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:29 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:44 am

So to begin I am going to post images I took of the different companies bases. For now I'll only be able to find time for this but in the future we will take a closer look at each kit and examine close up the different details and compare them to the real items.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Allan Williams » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 am

Jamie, hopefully everyone will chime in and we'll all learn something. Should be an interesting process to watch either way.
Here's an excerpt from the manual (although scanned from Waffen Revue Nr. 36) to make the comparison easier.

Allan
Allan Williams

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:27 am

Excellent doesn't get better than that, unless there are elevation images lilt that as well. thumb4
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Next

Return to German Field/Flak/Howitzer Guns