[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - IBG Models German Small Field Kitchen Hf.14 Build Review

IBG Models German Small Field Kitchen Hf.14 Build Review

Re: IBG Models German Small Field Kitchen Hf.14 Build Review

Postby Tim Coulson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:51 pm

I've discovered a major problem with this kit. wallbash cry :x When I compared it to the Tamiya large field kitchen, I found that the IBG kit is almost the same size! I know that the Tamiya kitchen is close to the correct size and that the small kitchen was much smaller, not only in size but also in the amount of food that it could cook. I don't have measurements for the small kitchen yet, but it is obvious from photos that it was much smaller. I will finish building this kit but it is disappointing to find lots of accuracy issues, apart from the size.

Scale large kitchen dimensions
38 mm wide 36.57mm long

IBG kit
37.17mm wide 37.89mm long

Tamiya kit
38.89mm wide 36.95mm long

I've finished cleaning up the chassis parts now, I hope to glue them tomorrow.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Milan Mynar » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:05 am

The IBG kitchen looks nice.
Milan Mynar

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:58 am

Not really my thing but glad to see someone posting work pics....
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 am

The kit looks nice but that is a bummer if it truely to large.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:24 pm

I think these photos show the size differences very well.

ImageImage
Tim Coulson

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

I have now glued the chimney, cooking pot and hatches in place. The chimney took two attempts to glue as it has a very small locating circle to attach to and the fit wasn't positive. I have glued the coffee hatch, on the left hand side of the kitchen, the opposite way round from the instructions, based on reference photos.

I am now working on the chassis.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Keep it up. I would run a silver sharpy along the seem on the stack and make sure it is smooth. Other than that good job.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for the tip Roy.

Apologies for the delay in finishing this build review. Life has had a habit of getting in the way of my modelling recently, but I've finished building this kit at last! :D I must admit that this is the first kit I have actually completed in a very long time. :oops: :-( I don't plan on painting this kit due to the many accuracy and size issues that I will point out tomorrow. I have also left any gaps to show where they appear.

I had some problems assembling the chassis, but the advantage of using Gator's Grip glue meant I could start again without having damaged any of the parts. I found the best way of assembling and aligning the chassis parts was to glue the two chassis bars to the kitchen and then add the other parts. The part arrowed below was too short to fit so I left it off, but it can't be seen anyway. The towing eyes also don't quite align with the chassis. The rest of the kit went together well.

The finished kitchen.

The finished kitchen and food container.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm

Nicely done!
David Madsen

PreviousNext

Return to General Axis