[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - German 3 ton 4x2 Cargo Truck ~ Tamiya

German 3 ton 4x2 Cargo Truck ~ Tamiya

Re: German 3 ton 4x2 Cargo Truck ~ Tamiya

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon May 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Looking good David. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Mon May 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Glad you're all enjoying it. So I'm looking for some advice with the engine compartment. I know there would be a slight gap were the hoods hing up, but does this look like too big of a gap? Should I seal it with putty and maybe indent a small line along the crease?

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon May 23, 2011 7:46 pm

I'd leave it and paint it and it won't be that noticeable. To fill it and then try and rescibe might cause you more problems than it's worth? If you do try to fill and rescribe use thick ca and use an acceleration spray. You need to use a pin or specialized scribing tool. And some 3M labeling tape to get the line straight.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Mon May 23, 2011 8:36 pm

I agree with James
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for the advice, I wanted to just paint over it but didn't want the model to look off.

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Fri May 27, 2011 7:51 pm

All primed and have a coat of German Grey XF-63. I was originally going to have this in the European Campaign but recently decided since I've been on the topic of Africa with my other kits I've decided to go ahead with that. So my next step I'm going to experiment with the hairspray chipping method since I don't much like the salt method and paint with Dark Yellow, XF-60.

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:42 am

Painted with a desert yellow with a hairspray undercoat for the chipping effect, first time doing this myself. I perhaps overdid it. Next time I won't be so strong with it. Next step is future and then decals and then future again. I'll then start with post shading with thinned artist oils.

David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Nice effect, David. Perhaps the belly should remain in gray?
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:01 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

I just picked up the Cyberhobby Opel Blitz, hope to start it soon. As for the belly staying grey, not to say Dario is wrong, but you never know maybe this vehicle had the paint job all over, as perhaps some did in Afrika. I say, as you are the driver of this particular truck, you can camouflage it as you feel fit. thumb5
But he probably is correct that the underside would not have been painted.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Axis