[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Hobby Boss 1/72 German 80cm K(E) Railway Gun

Hobby Boss 1/72 German 80cm K(E) Railway Gun

Hobby Boss 1/72 German 80cm K(E) Railway Gun

Postby Tim Gillis » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 pm

I pre ordered this from my favorite hobby shop :mrgreen: . Unfortunately, after this pic

my camera screen went black with the words "change the batteries" at the bottom wallbash ,so, as soon as I find them, I will. Looking around I haven't any reviews of this thing yet, somehow it just doesn't seem to have generated much excitement, that I can find, anyway. But for me, as soon as I heard Hobby Boss was working on one ;woot: ;woot: ;woot: . Of course, there is that annoying track bed to deal with, but I might look into building an alternative right off, as I'm not to keen on the molded version, we will see.
Sanity is a matter of opinion
Tim Gillis

Re: Hobby Boss 1/72 German 80cm K(E) Railway Gun

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:14 am

Hope that the pics start rolling on this one, will be watching.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Gillis » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 pm

I will get some up next weekend,as I'm just home for less then a day. I'm not the greatest photographer, and I don't have any real place to take good pics, so it's usualy hit and miss for me. I have a cannon powershot A530 with a stand, what would be the best settings to get good pics with what's there?

Like a lot of kits, the thing is pretty impressive in the box. The track parts, which are the only things I've test fitted, fit much better then the Morser ones, once I set up a shelf, as it's just to long and wide to sit on the bench properly, I'll put them together. The rest of the parts look to be well molded, time will tell as to how well it all fits together.
Tim Gillis

Postby Tim Gillis » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Sorry there hasn't been much by they way of any updates, but I've had rather a hectic winter what with road closures reroutes etc. That with a few other issues and I don't feel like doing much modeling at the end of the day.

Top of the Coquahala highway in B.C.

On a whim I did write this up though

And some extra pics

Tim Gillis

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 pm

The roads look pretty hairy, get some sleep!- Always good to see these rail projects. thumb6
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to General Axis