[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Tamiya BMW R75 Sidecar

Tamiya BMW R75 Sidecar

Tamiya BMW R75 Sidecar

Postby David Madsen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Here is a little kit that I'm working on before I get some tank kits. It's a fun little easy one that I'm trying to work on my weathering with.
Last edited by David Madsen on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Madsen

Re: Tamiya BMW R75 Sidecar

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 am

Nice bike, David. Keep posting advances

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks, I'm just a beginner so I've got a lot to learn still. So with that said, if anyone has some hints and tips, that would be great. I can handle constructive criticism. thumb5

Here I have the sidecar attached. I've done some weathering with a dab of Khaki thinned with iso alcohol. I've also used some putty to simulate mud on the undercarriage. It turned out better than I expected.

Last edited by David Madsen on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi David, glad to have you post your work, hope we can be of help along the way. One thin about posting your pics- these are a big large- you may want to adjust your future pictures to be around 800 pixels wide and not more than say 100-200 KB for the file size. thumb6
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Well I made myself a lightbox, though it took awhile to get decent pictures. Many times they became underexposed; my camera is a quick picture style camera that is embarrassingly almost 8 years old with only 3.2mp. I know a good photographer, which I'm not, takes good shots regardless of the camera but I beg to differ from my stance. Anyways, almost done with this little project, I did my very first time oil washes with some raw umber and was surprised with the result. Though my coat of future didn't seem layered enough, I started taking some of my base colors off. Maybe I had too much thinner.
Last edited by David Madsen on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:18 am

Hey Thats much better photography already! The picture size is way more manageable, glad you could take the suggestion and improve your presentation.
Now one thing more I could suggest, before you size the picture to 800 pixels, try and crop as close to the model as makes sense, that is get rid of all that extra white space surrounding the model (either by getting closer in the first place, filling your viewfinder and editing in camera , or use Photoshop or the like to crop the image), and try and bring the model closer to us, the viewer. Also it may help to try and get a bit more light on the front aspect of the model as it may be a little dark. ;B;
Here I have cropped and resized. (The picture is pretty pixel lated because the original was so small. You would crop the original and then resize so it would look okay compared to this sample I have made.)The reason I did this was to show how to crop
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:34 am

Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks James and Tim for the tips. I'm about at the closest range that camera will allow me, I can no control of the focus so when I get closer it gets all blurry. What I can do is take highrez shots and crop closer, never thought about that. Thanks Not sure what to do about more light, here is my setup that I found online and made. When I use a flash, all it does is overexpose, do I need direct light from the front then? I will try the aluminum trick Tim. My camera is an Olympus 300, it has really no features at all.

David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:45 am

David,

I've just found my built BMW R75 & sidecar in a box, under my bed! I thought I still had it. It doesn't look bad seeing as I was only about 10 when I built it.

I will post some photos in the next couple of hours, using only a reflector and white paper background, so you can see the difference with the same kit. I even used the same license plate decals that you did.

It might be time to consider getting a new camera, as digital cameras have come on a long way since, particularly if you are not able to focus closely.

BTW have you enabled the macro function on your camera, if it has it?

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 am

Last edited by David Madsen on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Madsen

Next

Return to General Axis