[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Tamiya 1/35 Field Kitchen

Tamiya 1/35 Field Kitchen

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Field Kitchen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Cool, thanks for keeping us updated.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:41 am

I have been busy with my other hobby of photography recently, which is why I haven't updated for a while.

I know when I started this vBench I said I would be building the kit out of the box. However, from studying the reference photos of the limber, I could see that the shape of the kit limber wasn't accurate. I decided to correct the shape of the footrest as it didn't look too difficult and it would be useful practice for when I build Tamiya's Field Kitchen Scenery.

New footrest scratch built from plasticard. The sides of the footrest do overhang the edge like the reference photos show, but this is not very obvious in my photo.

Have I captured the correct look of the limber? Please compare my scratch building with the photos below and let me know if I need to make any adjustments. I have tried to take my photo at a similar angle to the reference photos. I will be adding the straps? from the top of the footrest soon. Please be critical. :)

I used Milliput for the first time to fill in the many gaps. I will definitely be using it again. If you haven't tried Milliput before, try it. I've tried Humbrol Filler, Superglue and Vallejo Plastic Putty in the past with poor or mixed results. The Milliput filled in all the gaps I pressed it into using an old knife and it left a nice smooth surface when wiped over with a wet finger.

Thanks for looking

Tim

Next time: The new armrests
Tim Coulson

Postby pawel.janczarek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Very nice subject , I keep it watching.

Pawel
pawel.janczarek

Postby Darren Gawle » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:16 pm

It's refreshing to see someone giving the AMS treatment to this old chestnut of a kit. ;) I'm curious to see how you're going to tackle the data plate on the end of the stove trailer.

DG
Darren Gawle

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks for the comments.

Darren, I thought about this already. I'm planning on painting the data plate silver then masking the edges and surrounding area and painting it black. Then I will try using a fresh blade to scrape away some of the black to represent the text. If it doesn't work out I will have to think again.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:02 am

Long time no update!

Due to various reasons I haven't been able to make progress on the limber for a while now.

However, yesterday I managed to attach the arm & back rests and the board at the back, for holding the food containers.

I still need to add a bit of filler here and there, but it is nice to see it coming together now. It isn't perfect but at least it looks like the real thing now.

Tim
Last edited by Tim Coulson on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Nice subject, Tim and nice detailing!

Take a look at this model, maybe be usefull for some detailing (it is the big field kitchen, I think)

http://www.colleurs-de-plastique.com/fo ... 439&page=3

Waiting for updates

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks Darío.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Cool! thumb5
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks Jamie.

I've since added bolt detail to the back rest using ceramic balls from a water filter cartridge. A tip I found in Tamiya Model Magazine International.

I will post photos tomorrow.

Tim
Tim Coulson

PreviousNext

Return to General Axis