[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Re: Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Postby David Madsen » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:17 am

Here is the finished turret minus the armaments and the dry fit of the radio antenna. Now I'm ready from priming.

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 pm

All primed with Krylon Primer Red, there are some seams that need filling and she'll be ready for a Panzer Schwarzgrau.

David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:11 am

I would fill those seems with thin plastic round stock or streached sprue and then using Tamiya "Extra Thin" to soften up the plastic, make them look like weld bead. This vehicle was welded so it would not look out of place.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 am

I would use Milliput putty to fill the gaps. You can then use a thin hollow tube cut in half to make a "C" shape to apply a weld bead texture to the putty, in appropriate areas.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 pm

I actually already filled the gaps with super glue and sanded them down. I do like the weld bead idea but I've never done that before. If I were to do that wouldn't I need to put weld beads all over the model or else I'd look out of place in just those specific areas?
David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Well it's been a long time since posting. I've hit a dry spell where I really didn't want to touch my projects. I'd turn on the light on my bench and just look at it and end up turning around to my computer and gaming on that instead. I think I am getting the modelling itch back, and finally got around to getting my pictures uploaded of my progress. I filled the gaps on the nose and rear plate with CA glue and sanded them down. It took a two coats of panzer schwartzgrau from MM to hide the primer coat, lots of nooks. I then moved on to painting the tools, lights with MM and the wheel cover with Humbrol Khaki. It was brought to my attention that those covers tended to fade drastically so I dry brushed some sand to it. During the weathering process I'll try to use some pigments to blend it in and give it a more faded look. Instead of the Poland Invasion cross decal on the front grill, I decided it'd be easier just to hand paint, freehand. Lastly I sealed it up in a future/alcohol mix, 3:1 ratio I believe, and applied the decals. Next will be an oil wash, so stay tuned!

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:04 pm

I was told from another forum that it wasn't until June of 1940 the standard German Grey was issued, so I added the 1/3 brown to fit the time of the Polish campaign.

David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Look much better with the brown, David. How do you paint the front white balkenkreuz?

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 pm

David Madsen

PreviousNext

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles