[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Postby David Madsen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Here's an early armored car before the 8 rad afv's. I think I''m going to do Poland Invasion markings.

David Madsen

Re: Sd.Kfz. 232 6 Rad ~ Italeri # 6433

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 pm

I like 6rad AFV a lot .
If you want an accurate model, check the issues with the front fenders (I'm sorry, I don't know what is the issue with it, I just read somewhere there is something wrong)
If you like it out of box...go ahead!

Waiting for updates
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I looked around the the fender issue but I couldn't find anything with the problem. Here is some more progress since the Neubau is on the drying rack. I sealed up the rear corner gap and added the axle.

David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:45 pm

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Here is a thread on ML that discusses the fender issue briefly.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... 232++6+rad

Nice job so Far David. That rear hull plate and door looks like they had very poor fit. Will have to look out for that when (IF) I ever build mine.

Roy[/quote]

Thanks Roy. Yeah, I haven't been too pleased with the fit of the kit overall, there is a lot of minor flash that makes pieces not fit well like with the hatches and axle. A lot of test fitting and even then I'm not getting it. I filled the gap on the rear hull plate with CA glue and sanded it down, we'll see how good it looks when I prime.
David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:06 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 pm

I didn't realize they were on the decline in quality. I do have their Sturmgeschutz IV that I received in a gift exchange with my IPMS Chapter, they said it was a really good kit and highly detailed. We'll see how it goes when I get to the Panzer IV series, that's still far down the road on my model order list.

Have a little more progress made, assembled the wheels and had them dry fit. I didn't want to mess around with the fender inaccuracy, I don't have the tools or resources to fix it, or even the know-how, I'll just go with what I got. Next step is to add the details on the chassis.

David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 pm

It looks beautiful, David. As I said befor, don't worry about the inaccuracy of the fender, if you like OOB, enjoy it; it's still a good model!

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks Dario,

Here she is with the tools and other accessories. Next some work on the turret but it's been a long day, I should get some more work done over the holidays.

David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 am

Looking good David. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Next

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles