[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen (2cm) ~ HobbyBoss

Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen (2cm) ~ HobbyBoss

Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen (2cm) ~ HobbyBoss

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Well here I'm going to start up the HobbyBoss version of the Sdkfz. 222. Just to get a whole other take on this vehicle, and to help cross reference all the good and or bad points of each kit, the Tristar, Tamiya, and now HobbyBoss. It has some interesting features but probably has some not so great features. A few good points- the MG ammo box holders are from PE and have the opening at the bottom as they should, there is a metal mesh for the fighting compartment/engine bay sectional wall, plus an engine!
I won't get into it now, just letting you know- it's late and I'm going to bed, I hope to get something up for you all to look at tomorrow.
P.S. I have another two Sdkfz 223's to do as well, keep an eye out for them to get going as well.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen (2cm) ~ HobbyBoss

Postby John Mohnen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Keep them coming.
Looka like a great adition to the other kits.
Love the comparison builts.
Gives you an idea what to use from what kit.
The armored cars are little gems and good starting kits for whatever level you want the model to end up like.
What references you have or intend to use for the built?
Maybe I have something usefull in my library.
Looking out for this one.
John Mohnen

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:30 pm

James.
Your comments, comparing various kits are always welcome and in this particular case much awaited.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Well I can tell you that I feel a whole lot more comfortable with this build, after having gotten involved with the Tristar Sdkfz. 222 and digging into and discovering various aspects of this variety of 4 wheeled armoured car. Now when I look at this kit and all it has to offer I can make more informed and therefore better decisions about it all.I am pretty sure about what this one is going to be- a vehicle from the DAK
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:05 am

here are three pictures scanned from ground power - this is the 222 i am going to aim for- maybe not with a crew stripping the armament- but it would make an interesting scene

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 am

Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks Dario- now that the mail is working here in Canada again I think I'll finally order the PanzerTracts book on this one. I have sort have figured out some of the differences myself just by looking at photos in some of the books I do have.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:05 pm

So here is the instructions

and a pdf version-which will start downloading when you click on the link.
http://tinyurl.com/3k9em2b
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 pm

This looks like a really nice complete kit, looking forward to seeing your progress.
David Madsen

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles