[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Re: Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:09 pm

David,
There are three hobby shops in the Twin Cities area and they are OK at best. No AM to speak of, lots of train and R/C stuff, etc. Prices high.
Tim,
I headed down to the Guard Museum a few years ago, but the museum itself was closed so spend most of my time geeking out on the T55 outside. If you guys are ever in central MN check out Camp Ripley's museum-very good, especially in small arms!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby David Madsen » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:25 pm

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:54 pm

So I don't know what happened, but this model is really bumpy. I'm thinking it is the Krylon primer I used or perhaps a dirty work area and when spraying it kicked up some dust which may of landed on the model but I am guessing since it is consistent over the entire model I'm think it's the latter. So much for trying to use a hardware store primer. I think it applied much too thick and I lost a lot of the detail on my figures. I'm much too far to fix this so I'll just have to deal with it, learn from it, and hopefully find a primer bigger and cheaper than a dinky 100ml spray can.

Next step are postshading with oils over the barrier coat of future. I used the hairspray technique on the shovel, jack and exhaust.

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Ugh, the more I look at these pictures the more embarrassed I am. wallbash
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:39 pm

I'm just wondering why the surface is so pebbly? :roll:
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:38 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Think either the base coat , or more likely the clear coat that you got the problem. This really doesn't look right. :cry: It maybe you opportunity to try and strip with some Easy off oven cleaner and try again. Are you airbrushing the base or clear coat- maybe the air is too dry the mix not thinned enough the pressure too high or??? could be many variable- what is it your process step by step?

Your decals need a softener as well they look not so good. Progress not perfection... :|

If you think the problem is the primer- try Tamiya stuff it's fool proof.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:29 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:30 pm

lots of places to buy online?!
for example
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Tools-Supplies- ... iya+primer