[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Re: Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:32 am

Except for the two front visors, it looks good, David. thumb5

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:15 pm

David Madsen

Postby Dan Reed » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:37 pm

It happens!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby David Madsen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 pm

David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm

David, you can try to put 1-2 drops of turpentine into the recessed between the visors and the vehicle plates; let it act for 10-15 min. and then try to unglue it, carefully, with an old blade.
You can make a mold of each visor before try to unglue it, using silicon or something.
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 am

Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Well, I managed to get them removed, however I did a little damage to the smaller visor. All in all it looks ok. I've assembled the motorcycle and figures for this kit and think it's ready for priming.

Here you can see my correction, I will attempt to straighten the smaller visor.
David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 am

Well being Tamiya paint supplies have been delayed and I can't find any products anywhere, I went to a local store in search for a primer. I decided to try to use Krylon's primer and so far I like the results, especially being a 12oz can for the same price as Tamiya's 3oz canz. I've painted the base coat of dark yellow and hand painted the gun with Tamiya's German Gray and Gunmetal. I've decided that I don't like their gunmetal. It's way too shinny and grainy, I had the same problem with the Lewis guns on my jeep. I have an enamel gunmetal that may work better. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:57 am

Well, I see it a little shiny; maybe you can add a dark gray wash to turn it off.
I usually paint the guns and tools just darko gray (almost black) and then rub them with graphite from a 6B pencil, using my fingers or a hard brush.
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:15 am

David Madsen

PreviousNext

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles