[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Hope you don't mind me raining on your armored car parade Jamie but this kit was on clearance and since I've been in the Africa mood I thought why not.

David Madsen

Re: Sd.Kfz. 222 Leichter Panzerspähwagen Afrika-Korps

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Rain on my parade, ...rain...desert...I get it! tumbleweed
No problem, the more takes on these vehicles the better. I have one of those in the wings as well. I'll be looking in. thumb6
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Here are of few shots of the gun and turret, I wanted to concentrate on my Stuart since that's near completion so this kit's on hold for a bit.

David Madsen

Postby Miran Flores » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I just noticed, Tamiya got the steering linkage right. If you look at the steering on the Tristar kit, when you turn one set of wheels one way, the linkage turns the other set the same way. They should turn oposite directions for four wheel steering. Anyone else notice this?
Miran Flores

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:01 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:06 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Miran Flores » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:25 pm

There's also a thread on that same site called, "Stoewer Steering?", from July 7. One of the replys includes a drawing of a correct 4 wheel steering setup.
Miran Flores

Postby David Madsen » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Got around to working on the build some more. Finished the gun assembly and turret. Also have most of the chassis all complete, now just add the accessories. I'm debating adding the figures for this kit, I am not very good with painting such small figures but would like to have this build with the opal I just made in a small diorama. We'll see what I can do.

David Madsen

Postby Dan Reed » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Dave,
Hate to sat this-but the two front visors are on upside down! I hope they can be pulled off and reset.
We are practiclly neighbors-I live in MN. Any good shops your way?
Nice to see another armored car here.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Miran Flores » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Go with the figures, they add scale and context. When I do figures I'm happy if you can tell that they're supposed to be human(yuck,yuck). Seriously though, look at the model and think how far you need to be from the real thing for it to be that small, How clearly would you see people standing next to it.
Miran Flores

Next

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles