[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sdkfz. 222 ~ Tamiya

Sdkfz. 222 ~ Tamiya

Sdkfz. 222 ~ Tamiya

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:09 pm

This one is next after the 221 with the bigger gun
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Sdkfz. 222 Tamiya

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Here are the rather, by today's standard, short and sweet instruction sheet.
Again if you click here you can get a pdf version
http://tinyurl.com/288xw9o

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Sdkfz. 222 ~ Tamiya

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Here is some shots to show what comes in the kit as far as the sprues are concerned. Note that I have started to glue some bits onto the lower hull in these first ones. At the end of this post you will see the old kit sitting next to the new Tristar kit.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:36 pm

I am putting this on hold till the sets from Voyager and LionRoar arrive that I ordered for this kit. That should be fun!
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/r ... 35006.html

http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/r ... 35204.html
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Okay I have been working on the photo etch for this vehicle from both Lion Roar and Voyager- I will probably try and use some of the parts from either one of these on the Hobby Boss build as well, we'll see how that goes. I will try and give you all a SBS of what I've done so far- but for now- just a heads up to say ----"Watch this space"----- ;B;
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:43 am

So I have the Lionroar instructions and a scan of the PE plates here for you to look at.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:51 am

The main and smaller boxes as they appear on the brass sheet before folding.

The upper lid prior to being folded.

The main box cut from the tree

First order of business is to shape the middle indent that is on the box, which is very straight forward on the Lion Roar item compared to the Voyager way. The pictures don't show it very well but it may be of some use?

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:51 am

Continuing the folding.

Don't do this -I fucked up. The scores I thought were for bending are for the shelf part that divides the box into two sections. Whoops!,... or is that Ooops!

So I straightened that out....

Had to see on the left here but I'm folding the lid.

The box is soldered and the lid test fit, before rolling the hinge parts over some brass rod.

Working a few on each end a couple in the middle and then slowly doing the rest -alternating to ensure a good lining up I got it done and I was happy.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:52 am

First one part is rolled then the other

And if done carefully , making sure the hinge part makes it fully under the brass rod the lids will open and close for work later should I decide to have the lid open.

The remaining boxes on the sheet

folding the lower lid.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:53 am

Like before- first one side of hinge flaps carefully rolled and then the other side.

Fully articulating, hobby heaven.Image

Next the latches and clasps.

The clasps are very small.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles