[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Re: Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Postby Dan Reed » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Personally, I think that chipping is way over done.
Keep it up!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:57 pm

James,
Did you go over the colors that you used for the car? I haven't done this scheme and would like to one day.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 pm

So ya, because I am a bit rusty I didn't have it go all that great with the next part, where I sprayed a "Satin" mix of Testors Flat and Gloss Laquer clear which was to form the base of the next part of the process, filters.
The problem was I didn't have enough flat in the mix so the surface was still a bit glossy. And because I was anxious to see how it would all go, when I added the first filter, One of Mig (SIN), pre-mixed deals, (which I don't really care for BTW) I had not let the clear cote dry and harden over night so the result was a bit ugly with the clear reactivating. So I had to use some paint thinner and a brush to clean all that off and then I used some Humbrol Flat clear to try again with the filters. This time I let the clear dry over night or longer and the result was much better.

During the process which became pretty finicky and with all the handling of the model I broke the front support bar that limits the depression of the MG barrel about 40 times and after repairing it over and over I finally broke it to the point where I said "Fuck it!" I am going to do what I should have done right from the start. I scratched a replacement with some tiny brass rod from the supply depot and soldered myself a real good 'un. This fucker won't break!

I used a little jig to help line everything up.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 pm

The first filter was a SIN Industries P242 Tan for German Tri color camo.
Next I did a filter with artist color Yellow ochre followed by another artist oil filter using burnt sienna, I think.The label is f-ed up. :oops:
(You can see in this first pic I have painted the brass support with the yellow paint so it blends in nicely.

So next I need to start the part where dirt gets on it from the road etc. I could add some chips etc. now before that but I don't know if I want to yet.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 pm

James,
Thanks for the info (again!) and the photos-I'll print out the photo of the paint bottles so I don't ask again in a few months!
If Tamiya were to come out with a model using a these colors we'd get them in their line I'm sure!
Looks great!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 am

Really nice little car, James! :panzer1:
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:11 am

No prob Dan thumb2
Dario - where have you been!?
Thanks it's okay, I think it was just a project to get something finished, I am a bit rusty.
Some pics from today.
A shot to show the new tire cover I made from Milli-put. No very good but adds a little life to the project where the kit supplied one was pretty boring!

a group shot with the other Kfz I'm working on.

Finally! now I can get to the part I like the best- adding the dirt and other ageing tricks. First I sprayed a Mud colour from Polly Scale along the underside and on all the lower boundaries. Also the tires got some attention. More work on all this to come of course.Still holding off a little cause I need to get the mud flaps on the front fenders, (still haven't gotten around to figuring out what I'm going to do.....) The wheels and gun shield assembly are not glued into their final places, just wanna see how it's all coming together. Yoy can see that I have added the shovel down below the drivers door.
The figure is from the junk box and is only for you to get an idea of scale.

The new tire cover given an initial coat of paint. I will hand paint the camo on this after it's dry, as you will see.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 am

I wasn't happy with the two width indicators and cut them off and replaced them with even thinner stalks of stretched sprue. The MG13 has also been glued into place within the shield. Fin-ally!
But I was not happy with how the ammo box was looking and re did the whole assembly with a new piece of metal and formed it to fit round the two posts with a little jig. In the pictures you can see that the tool box is also now in place, plus I have solved the mud flap issue- man the most difficult part of the build for me!. So frustrating!
In the end I used some very thin lead that I have had in my supplies waiting for just this purpose. Not only is it the most malleable material it is the right thickness. It also has the texture and/or look of the original item, not still like sheet metal or plastic but organic in it's bumps and rumples. They will get a nice coat of black and then the filthy festivities can begin. There is more paint touch ups to appear as well such as the ammo canister, seems to need a little Feld Gruen, eh wot!?

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles