[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:56 am

Check back later (Sun Aug.1st, for some photos!)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Adler Kfz. 13 ~ Bronco Models

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:34 pm

I will!
thumb4
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Sorry for the delay- never enough time in the day as my life goes forward.

I'm not going to bother with any images of the sprues, does anyone really even look at those? wss.
Instead I'll focus in on specific parts as the come along during the build.

If you want a pdf verion of the instruction sheet click here.
http://tinyurl.com/23e2o7m

So here is the front cover of the instruction sheet

and a scan of the parts list

So with Step 1

Bronco did a good job from what I can see in designing this little kit. The main frame is basically an single piece of molded plastic, insuring strength and proper alignments

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:01 pm

The rear end parts and the drive shaft for the kit are nicely rendered. Better detailed than what I've seen on the Jordi Rubio kit,which was the topic of an article by John Prigent in Military Modeller.

The suspension parts.
Notice that the ends on each set of leaf springs has a different look to the end connectors-- this is important.

Parts A 18, A19 A33 that comprise Step two.
I departed from the instructions very early on as to the sequence in which I would put these together.

Parts A31 and A32
I mistakenly cut the little decoration from off the radiator cap.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:06 pm

In this picture you can see I have glued on the front leaf springs. These along with the radiator where allowed to set up over night to ensure a strong bond before fiddling around with other parts.
I wanted to install the radiator at this point as to ensure proper alignment for the bonnet part and the side engine cover parts. Everything needs to key into this.
In this angle you can see the radiator par A31 has part A32 glued inside- the fan being ridiculous in its complete uselessness as it won't be seen!

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:40 am

Smart start with the front of the hood. I think Bronco makes the most interesting kits that are out there.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:44 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 am

Looking good Jamie. Are you brassed off with photo etch at the moment and doing an OOTB build? :)

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:13 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 pm

I know exactly what you mean. I hope that you get some modelling time soon!

Tim
Tim Coulson

Next

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles