[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 232 (8 rad) - Tamiya 35297

Sd.Kfz. 232 (8 rad) - Tamiya 35297

Sd.Kfz. 232 (8 rad) - Tamiya 35297

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Arrived yesterday from Japan, this is my new project. It is a 2008 re-release of Tamiya's 1974 kit with a new sprue added with a "figure and a half", cans, boxes, tools, etc. plus aluminum KwK 30 or 38 (?) barrel and a simple P.E. frame

The added sprue:

PE and aluminum barrel

Webs

Walkaround

Books

Sch.Panzerspäh.(Sd.kfz. 231) 8 Rad - Darlington Productions - Museum Ord.Sp.11
Panzerspähwagen - Panzer Tracts 13
Panzerspahwagen - Squadron-Podzun Band 5
Panzerspähwagen in Action - Squadron-Signal
Allied-Axis 4 - Ampersand
Allied-Axis 18 – Ampersand
Die Gepanzerten Radfahhrzeuge - Motorbuchs Verlag
Ground Power 2000-07 - Galileo Publishing
Ground Power 1994-09 - Galileo Publishing
Samochody pancerne 8x8 - Wydawnictwo Militaria 41

Reviews

Some models

Some are listed in my web:

Todo Modelismo Nros 15 y 24 (Sd.Kfz. 231)

Darío
Last edited by Dario Risso on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dario Risso

Re: Sd.Kfz. 232 (8 rad) - Tamiya 35297

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Cool Dario- look forward to your take on this -seems to be a few about lately! :panzer1:
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks Jamie.
The decals options includes this vehicle, abandoned in North Africa:

It carries "Gero v.Hohenndorf" writed on the hull, over the original panzergrau; Tamiya instructions sheet stay he was a General, died in Polish campaign

Well, as always. I like to complicate my life modifying my kits :D

The 8 wheels turned

Der motor: Büssing-NAG L8V

Engine rougly scratched....

...of wich just a little will be visible

Welding and bolts added, totally absent in the model

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby GMARTI » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:45 am

I see something strange on the supports of the wheels.
Perhaps is because it's a dry fit, but looks like instead of turning the wheels on the axe A they start turning from the support B
GMARTI

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:13 pm

You're right Gullem; oh, If I read the books I have BEFORE modify my models :evil:

Fortunately, the suspension arms was glued with ciano, so, a few drops of thinner, a little pressure and...voilá, they're in the straight position again!

Thanks

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:18 pm

A little update

In the next picture you can see how the fender have a fold that prevents touching the bottom hinges of the side doors:

In the model, the fender cover the bottom hinges:

So, a little filing to the fender will make it more like the real ones

I added some details to the interior; please note I'm not making a super-detailing, but just suggesting that there are "things" in the interior :D

I made a 2 cm 10 round magazine holder, another holder for....er....for MG 34 magazines? :oops: , the gunner seat (I still have to build the chief's seat), both fixed to the turret floor supports, the side armor opening bar, rear steering wheel, gear and transfer box levers, handbreak, pedals and the non-skid floor

Question: the bulges pointed by the red lines are for.....what?

Thanks
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby GMARTI » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 pm

mudguard holding bolts.
GMARTI

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Yes, someone else told me that, Guillem, but...they are so very bad represented that confuse me; any way, it seems my choiced subject don't carry the mudguards, so....filing time

Thanks Guillem

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:27 am

DArio- I like the way you are picking over the details and finding stuff out for us- keep it up!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks James !

The interior is ready (actually, it is closed righ now)

As seen in the pictures below, I think the inner part of the side doors must be panzergrau, don't you think guys?

Darío
Dario Risso

Next

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles