[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 234/3 Schwerer Panzerspaehwagen (7.5 cm)

Sd.Kfz. 234/3 Schwerer Panzerspaehwagen (7.5 cm)

Sd.Kfz. 234/3 Schwerer Panzerspaehwagen (7.5 cm)

Postby Károly Mesterházy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:00 am

Hi all !

This is my first post here. Jamie Tainton invited me here. Thanks ! :)
I started this project , 5 month ago. It begun a fast OOB bulid but it turned out a full upggade project. thumb1
I have to finish it till summer , becouse it`s for a Hungarian group build project. You can see the others here :
The kit is the dragon 234/3 , and a griffon clamps set. Meanwhile i designed a full photo etched set for this vehicle , and i have to say it was a real pain in the ass for the end of the drawing. I would`nt thout it was a hard job to do.

So here i stand now. I started with the running gears , i made the brake cables from 0.2mm brass rod. The rear wheel arm is a late version with different wheel hub and pattern.

Here is the late version arm , with some Brown stuff.

Fallowed to build the crew compartment.

The gear shift levers are replaced with 0.4 mm rod. I don`t planning to open the drivers hatch , so the drivers area is not will be seen in the end , so i think theese updates are enough.

The ammo case parts , and some suspension elements.

Side ammunition Bins.

I started the hard part , soldering.... I can say it thout i will be easier. The side panels hardly wanted to solder together. I used soldering flux , the solder is running smooth , but don`t stick together the sides.I think its a little messy , but i try to remove it.

The lower hull is complete for painting , i won`t upgrage it more.
The chairs are replaced with etching and balsa , and the ammunition case is completed. I forgot to place it for the photo..
The fenders are completed to , without hingles fow now.

The louvers are ready ! This is the largest modification wich i planned for the 234 .

Comments a critics are wellcome :)

Comment are wellcome ! :)
And sorry for my english :D
Károly Mesterházy

Re: Sd.Kfz. 234/3 Schwerer Panzerspaehwagen (7.5 cm)

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:38 am

Hey - welcome aboard -I have a few of these sitting waiting to get finished- this will be good to watch how you do things.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Károly Mesterházy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am

The interior is ready to paint !
The fenders are wip .:)
Károly Mesterházy

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Looking good. I just got the CMK engine in the mail- I'll try and post some pics later.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:55 am

Very nice clean build. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Károly Mesterházy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks Tim and Jamie ! :)
This is my first full upgrade build , with brass and soldering. I fell in love with brass , it`s a wonderfull material. thumb6
Károly Mesterházy

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:13 am

Great job! thumb2 Are there more ammo boxes for this vehicle? Six rounds seems a bit sparse...
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:05 pm

NIce details! thumb1

Waiting for updates

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Károly Mesterházy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:32 am

Károly Mesterházy

Postby Dan Reed » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

I wonder if they stacked ammo boxes in the rear drivers position?
Dan
Dan Reed

Next

Return to Armoured cars and wheeled armoured vehicles