[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Dragon Sd.Kfz. 7/1 2cm Flakvieling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette

Dragon Sd.Kfz. 7/1 2cm Flakvieling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette

Re: Dragon Sd.Kfz. 7/1 2cm Flakvieling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafe

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:58 am

I think the amount of hairspray added is the key: the more you add, less white paint will remain on the vehicle.
Anyway, the grade of wear and tear of the white paint is very different for each model; there was many factors affected the actual whitewash: solvent used, time of exposure, weather, movement of the vehicle, etc. I think it's difficult to say, about a whitewashed model "it's wrong painted" because those factors.

The Dragon 8 ton tracks are a beautiful piece of enginering, don't you think?

I've never see a figure painted by you, that would be interesting!

Waiting for updates
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:42 am

James, what is it you call "the barrier film" ?
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 am

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:07 am

James. Thanks for the information.
I'll see what's do-able I'm not sure this Citadel product is available in my area.
Now another important information is given. Don't wait too long".
When I first heard of this techniwue I made some tests. One of them was spraying the white and come back every hour to see if it was still functionning. Don't laugh at me but after 24 hours it was hopeless (yes I actually tried for 24 hours ! ).
My conclusion was to avoid doing the model in one single run. it was more like "let's deal with the turret" then "Now for the glacis" which means a couple of days work.
Using ahair dryer also was of great help and of course the amount of lukewarm water applied was decisive.
But of course I never cared of this "barrier film". Never thought i< needed it maybe because the basecoat almost always is enamel only the white (or sand tellow) was acrylic ... you can't really mix them both can you ?
Anyway I'll give it another try with my StuH. Stay tuned.

ps : here's my Pz III G finished using the hairspray techniwue. You almost can tell where i over played the part and where it was more controlled, the best part being the last one I did, the hull sides (sorry no pic available)

Of course I added dust and sand later on.

edited to add : OK I found some "citadel purity seal" at some French shop and ordered one can it should be there soon I guess.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Previous

Return to Semi-tracked vehicles