[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - 2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Well, I start a new project yesterday. It's Dragon's 6525 kit
Chassis, muffler and part of the running gear

Front wheels and the auxiliary one comes in 3 parts, 2 in "normal" styrene and the pneumatic in Dragon Styrene

I don't like how looks that seam line and I'm not sure if it can be filled with Tamiya putty :evil:

The 16 parts of the Maybach HL 62 TUK engine; BTW, what is the meaning of "TUK" ?

Das Motor (just blue-tacked)

Fortunately, until now all parts fits perfect

Jamie, has you finished yours?

Darío
Last edited by Dario Risso on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dario Risso

Re: 2cm Flakvierling 38 auf Selbstfahrlafette Sd.Kfz.7/1

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Dario, nope haven't finished mine- but hope to some time this year. I'm hoping/waiting for Hussar or someone to bring out some better wheels as I find the way they are is one of the only weak points of the kit- I hate the mix of that soft rubbery plastic and the hard stuff. They should have either just had the hard plastic or at least given us a choice,
Image *thumbs down*
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 pm

BTW, I forget to mention the sources:

Web Sites

(same as about)

Models

Todo Modelismo Nº 9 Sd-Kfz 7/1 late from Tamiya, by Angel Iñigo

Walkarounds

Books

Deutsche Flak-Selbstfahrlafetten - Podzun-Pallas Verlag Sonderband 78

Die Zugkraftwagen der deutschen Wehrmacht 8-12t Podzun-Pallas Verlag Sonderband 40

German Half-Tracks of WWII – Concord 7054

German Self Propelled Weapons – Profile Publications - AFV-Weapon Profile 55

German Self-Propelled Guns – Concord 7022

FLAK auf Sd.Kfz.7 (1) – Kagero Photosniper 9

Flak Selbstfahrlafetten & Flakpanzer – Panzertracts 12

Darío
Last edited by Dario Risso on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dario Risso

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:34 pm

More updates. In the first picture we can see the wheel that pull the towing cable. Both parts are keyed and is not easy to see the "key"

Parts mounted today; engine, transmission box and winch are not glued yet

The kit has not the inner part of the radiator, so I use a piece of brass mesh

Dragon don't provide either the towing cable, so I use one from a fishing store. I made the conections between the compressed are too

DArío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:38 pm

cool :Y)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks Jamie. Last update (Man, How I enjoy detailing engines !!)
SOme color to the chassis

Mudguard reinforced with "Plasticard" (Claro cell phone card)

Engine painted: is not all black, some parts are brownish-black; belts and hoses are matt dark grey

In place, just for pics

I will stop for a while and I will continue my abandoned Styer loco :D

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby GMARTI » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:22 pm

TUK:
TU: Motor mit tiefem Unterteil, Engine with deep lower part
K: Kupplung und Kupplungsgehäuse, Clutch and clutch housing
GMARTI

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 pm

Danke Guillem!

Well, I finnally found where goes the radiator hose; is as Trumpeter make in his engine and like the vehicle in Koblenz Museum

Weekend update:
Red arrows points to the tubes where the fuel go to pre-heat before enter into the engine (at leats...someone tell me that..I have not idea about engines :oops: )

At left, accelerator rod; at right, some steering mechanism parts...I think

Idem

What I suppose was part of the brake system

Clutch and brake pedals and rods

The damned wheels: I file .2 mm of the inner side of the big part and .2 mm of the outer side of the small part to get a more "realistic" look of the wheels

At left, the modified wheel; at right, the "out of box" wheel; you can see the step between the plastic and DS part

The B1 part (in light grey) Instruccions are not clear about the right position: I think it goes like in the pic

Well, that's all for now. Tomorrow I will do the boring task of cut and file the wheels

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:08 pm

I knew that something was going to be bad; this came being too easy :evil:

I added the clips to some hoses and 2 label to the engine

but....here is my problem; the hood is to short...I mean, I must have glued some part in wrong place, either the radiator or the firewall

Please somebody tell me that hood can be lifted for manteinance, so I can leave it off and meke a scene with 2 mechanics...please ! :panzer1:

Thanks
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Tim Coulson

Next

Return to Semi-tracked vehicles