[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

Re: German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

Postby David Madsen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm using Testor's Enamels.
David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Well, I think I've got the pattern down, the color not so much. I went to the local store to find a green that would work and all I found was a medium field green. It needs to be darker I think, I may have to make a trip to another store further away and see what they have. Same thing with the brown, too light. I used rust which is a red brown color. I tried mixing paint to darken it up and even though they are the same brand of paints, both enamel, they didn't blend very well. It started out light and got darker as I went. I think I have better colors in Tamiya paints but doing such fine work the acrylic just dries and it splats too much.

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I've darkened the colors and defined the style at little more. It may not be perfect but I am satisfied. I've also painted the tools. After looking at the pictures there are some touch ups that need attention and after that I'll seal her up with some future. Tracks are also all assembled and painted steel.

David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:48 pm

The brown still looks really red, almost like the primer red. The new green is much better then what you had before. The pattern looks great. The brown may darken one you start to weather the kit. Great work.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:16 pm

David Madsen

Postby Juan Lázaro » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Just those details you are talking about and you are going to fix. Almost there David!
Cheer up! thumb5
Juan Lázaro

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:16 am

Looking good David. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Well, I think I'm wrapping this one up. The tracks were difficult to get in and kept on falling apart, so after frustration I whipped out the superglue. Might have too much slack on the right side but I'm not complaining, I'm ready to put her on the shelf. This was a fun build, it went together like a dream except for the gun mantle which had a tight fit. The tracks were a little tedious and the bolts were a smidge too short making them easily fall apart. Thanks for following.

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Well if you are frustrated- shelve it. Then in a few models down the road, after gaining more experience, maybe strip it back with oven cleaner and then try again. Also buy some metal tracks for it in the mean time and then use those. All is not lost- just maybe time for a break from it. Don't throw it against the wall just yet! ;woot:
I like how you went back in with the yellow in the airbrush- good job there.
But I have to say I think the red and green are too light and frankly I don't think you got a good match there. ,:>

But like I say- early days still and man you keep getting better and better, so that in time I'm pretty sure if you decde to revisit this one- you'll be able to make it look stellar!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:19 pm

David Madsen

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous fully tracked vehicles