[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

Postby David Madsen » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:45 pm

So here is my next project, I've always wanted to do this one. I love these 'land battleships' and since Jamie posted the Dragon Nr.3-5 I thought I'd get the Trumpeter Rheinmetall version to compliment. It's still in the post and should get it Tuesday, keep your eyes pealed. :fritz:

David Madsen

Re: German Neubaufahrzeug [Rheinmetall] ~ Trumpeter # 5528

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Looking forward to your exposure of the kit. Amazing to think only a couple of years ago there were only reason representations of these interesting dinosaurs, better as door stops than models, and now three manufacturers have a kit in plastic.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 pm

I shall be watching also as I too have this kit and was thinking about starting it up. It was a toss up between this one or another Japanese Type 97 Chi Ha. I am leaning toward the Chi Ha though (mainly because I am waiting for a set of Friul tracks that I ordered for the Neubaufahrzeug to arrive). Hope your kit arrives soon.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:44 pm

It's arrived, and after looking at the tracks I'm thinking of wanting to get some Friul as well, it doesn't look like fun. I was impressed with the packaging and quality of the parts.

Last edited by David Madsen on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 pm

I got some Spade Ace Tracks months ago, before the Fruilmodel ones became available, and they are pretty good.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 am

David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:58 am

Dave, I put together a run of about 10 links several weeks ago as a test of the tracks. You really need to make sure those pins are pressed in all the way or the tracks will fall apart. One of the reasons I opted for the Friuls (plus I like the extra weight). The kit tracks really don't look that bad but I think the track pins are just a tad to short so, like I said, you really have to make sure the they are pressed in all the way. Also I think the color chart is wrong (but I could be wrong) as the vehicle should be painted in the tri color buntfarben scheme of Clay yellow, dark green and Earth brown, at least early in its career. Looking forward to seeing this built. I think my next projext will actually be a Type 1 Ho Ni.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:55 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:01 am

I was kind of thinking of going the route of just field gray. Weren't there only 5 of these tanks, 3 Krupp and 2 Rheinmetall, few of the pictures I saw had camouflage. My only question is, there is no listed Model Master color for Field Grey, and using a color conversion chart the equivalent to the Field grey they list Dark Ghost Grey which seems too light. Were early 30's tanks a lighter grey than the German Grey in WW2?
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Miscellaneous fully tracked vehicles