[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Renault UE German Scout ~ Mirage (35307)

Renault UE German Scout ~ Mirage (35307)

Renault UE German Scout ~ Mirage (35307)

Postby David Madsen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Just got the kit this evening in the mail and just in time being I finished my Stuart. Looks like a fun quick little build. I like the box art so I think I may try to depict that paint scheme.

David Madsen

Re: Renault UE German Scout ~ Mirage (35307)

Postby David Madsen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 pm

Good luck with this old kit! Definitely checking in on this one. thumb1
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:43 am

Dude, you are a brave man (or a insconscient one :lol: )+
It looks as an interesting subject; I love those little beasts
Waiting for updates
DArío
Dario Risso

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Actually, that old kit isn't that bad. It would be alot better if it had better tracks. That is it's biggest shortfall. I built this kit about 5 years ago and stole some tracks off of an old Tamiya Universal Carrier. They look like crap too but they were better than the kit tracks (well maybe).

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I guess I was unaware of the reputation of these kits, so I guess thanks for the support. ;-) I think I'll have fun with it. I plan to buy the Tamiya kit as well and mount a 3.7cm PaK 36 on top of it.
David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Got the wheels assembled and the chassis. It all went together with ease. I drilled out the exhaust pipe. My gluing however has been rather sloppy, i've been trying a new liquid cement called Pro Weld. I'll try to sand down my spots. Also, upon close inspection of the tracks, I noticed it didn't fully inject into the mold. So hopefully there are some extra links I can use to replace. We'll see.

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Ok, this little project went FUBAR. Remember my little bumpy paint problem with my Sd. Kfz. 222. Well, I figured it out after two coats of priming and two removals with Easy-off oven cleaner. I was spraying too far from the model which allowed the paint to dry in the air and stack on the model, giving that dusty look. In the process of cleaning off the bad priming job, I managed to break off the MG-34's and the headlights. I decided to leave the head lights off since most of the pictures I saw of these Renaults didn't have any lights anyways. So the priming looks better....but because I couldn't get all the paint off it's not the best. I am just glad I figured out the bumpy painting mystery. :Y)

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Mostly, I don't use a primer. Mostly. But at times I will use a dark co our for a preside that serves as a primer. There are mNy variables that make up effective spray skills. But the biggest variable is experience, which you are gaining! thumb3
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:11 am

David Madsen

Next

Return to Miscellaneous fully tracked vehicles