[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - E-25 Sinkie

E-25 Sinkie

E-25 Sinkie

Postby Ernie Schafer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:53 pm

This is just a cool little project that I am finishing up. I was very fortunate to be able to attend a seminar yeasterday on AK Interactive products with Iain Hamilton of AK / USA, this was our project piece, a custom cast resin E-25 partically submerged in a pond. There is still alot of work to do to this as the time allotted for the seminaar didn't allow time to do all the effects to the best advantage. Ideally, the washes and filters should be allowed to dry for a day in between adding more effects. We just did not have that time and so the last couple of layers were blending together.
I have to add a barrel and some type of track as well as the pond water. There are still a couple of products I need to order as well as I want to try them out on this piece, but in the mean time I will continue to play with the weathering effects on the hull.

These pics are how it came home with me after the seminar. I have to play around with the rust wash, I just applied it yesterday and left it to dry. I am also going to add and refine the chipping and probably add a Cross marking to the side.

All in all it was a very awesome and worthwhile seminar. The phots do not show the color modulation to best effect either; I took them last night after I got home. The nest photos will be a bit bettter in that reguard.
Ernie
Ernie Schafer

Re: E-25 Sinkie

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey looks great! You'll have to give us all a SBS on what you did! thumb5
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Ernie Schafer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Ernie Schafer

Postby Ernie Schafer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Oh yeah, and I need to clean up my desk so I can auctually use it and photograph some of what I am doing ;woot:
Ernie
Ernie Schafer

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

Very interesting piece. I wonder what their (AK) motive was behind this kit. Was it designed for the seminar from the outset? Looks like a good practice piece. Interesting.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to Miscellaneous fully tracked vehicles