[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - 1/35 Neubau-Fahrzeug, Rheinmetall-Fahrgestell und Krupp-Turm

1/35 Neubau-Fahrzeug, Rheinmetall-Fahrgestell und Krupp-Turm

Re: 1/35 Neubau-Fahrzeug, Rheinmetall-Fahrgestell und Krupp-

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 22, 2011 12:46 am

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Tue May 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed May 25, 2011 11:11 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:03 am

Okay so here are some pictures of my attempt at this tri colour early camouflage. I Have in the past used different masking techniques and then spraying with the airbrush with spotty success with this method. This time I have decided to hand paint the pattern with a paint brush. I have held back from doing it this way because of getting a solid coat this way is difficult, either because the paint would be to thick, thereby destroying the scale illusion and to thin, again problematic from selling the model as a miniature of the real thing. I have seen other modeller's do this but I have held off till now. This time though I girded myself for a lengthy process of several thin coats. These many thin applications take more work but will give me more control and there won't be any issues of paint brush strokes showing 3 dimensionally as would happen if I used a thick paint. I do hope to hide any imperfections behind a flat coat followed by filters and weathering/dirt.

I was thinking about what paint to use and decided to use a water based acrylic gouache, the same stuff I use for my box top illustrations.
I mixed my colours using the Panzer Tracts colour chips in the second volume that covers the Panzer one. These are very dark compared to the usual colours one see modellers depict, and the yellow is much less yellow- being more ochre in hue.

The yellow is enamel from before, and then I start with the green. At first I used a white pencil marker to draw the pattern, but abandoned this opting to use the thin paint and brush to do the same task all at the same time.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

These saturations are in process- the full colours will be seen at the end.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:15 am

James,
Some how I missed this-quite a model size-wise and in complexity! Hats off to you for trying something new here on your paint scheme. thumb3
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby David Madsen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:29 am

I really like that paint job, looking good! I'm glad you're getting back into the groove of things. :Y)
David Madsen

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 am

I can see how this is a good came-but most have taken so long to apply!
Once it a tank gets very dusy and dirty, camo doesn't do too much.
Paint on!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:33 am

Looking good Jamie. thumb6
Tim Coulson

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous fully tracked vehicles