[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger

Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger

Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger

Postby Kirk Johnston » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:35 pm

I have started on this massive project, working toward including all visable details which means re-working numerous kit parts and scratch building incorrect or absent details. Overall the kit parts are well detailed, part fit is not so good and several details just simply do not belong on the Tiger II.

Some photos of the work bench:

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirk Johnston

Re: Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Excellent first post Kirk- looking forward to the build. I have one of these.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Kirk Johnston » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks Jamie - Looking forward to posting more progress on this kit as it happens, I am in no rush on this one. Thought I could build up a few sub-assembly’s at a time but I have discovered with the fit issues in this kit constant test fitting needs to be done with each and every part and assembly, so I am going to finish detailing out the top half of the engine then move on to building up the lower hull in order to test fit the engine block and related hardware before completing all detail on the engine. On another note, all the cooling fan housings and ducts need to be completely scratch built as what is provided by Trumpeter is either not correct or to simplified , so numerous modeling projects are included in one box, how cool! - Really is an enjoyable project, can’t remember when I have enjoyed building a model more!
Kirk Johnston

Postby Kirk Johnston » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Well finally getting back to this project, currently constructing the lower hull and running gear components along with adding all the axle lubrication hoses that are missing from the kit. The kit does include the brackets and lubrication points but not the full lubrication system, I can see why because most will be covered and out of sight when the interior is complete so I don’t really know why I am adding these other than the fact that I will know that they are there.
Kirk Johnston

Postby Kirk Johnston » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Image2-resize.jpgI am getting back to work on this project that I started in 2009 but had to shelf due to work commitments and a bad case of mass diffusion. One of benefits that I have now is being able to follow the progress of Liejon Schoot and David Parker on their builds of this kit which is immensely helpful, not to mention the resin parts that David has produced through AFV Modeller for the kit.
I am approaching the kit by assembling, making corrections, additions and enhancements just as it would have been constructed. Assembling the hull and turret along with internal structures, once complete will move to fitting the interior of the hull and turret with engine, transmission, ammo storage, etc., etc. As I said having the reference of people who have already worked out and have shared the information regarding building this kit makes it possible. So first up, off with the turret ring from the hull deck, as this will be part of the turret itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirk Johnston

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Looking forward to seeing more on this one.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Return to Panzerkampfwagen VI and variants