[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - leFH18/40/2 (st) G.W. Pz.Kpfw. III/IV WIP

leFH18/40/2 (st) G.W. Pz.Kpfw. III/IV WIP

Re: leFH18/40/2 (st) G.W. Pz.Kpfw. III/IV WIP

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:47 am

JT I would say this DML kit would rate at least a 98%.
The instructions are not up to par as usual and there is to much kit packed in the box for its size.
The casement walls and ammo lockers are really thin for scale purposes which is good but were warped pretty bad from being crammed in that box. Patients and care are required to work those into usable shape if yours are as bad as mine were.

Comparing the kit with the Vinny B. walk around you'll find that Dragon got it mostly right. There are a few details that could stand improving if your goal is complete accuracy but out of the box should satisfy most everyone that builds it.
I consider myself a middle of the road builder, not interested in a simple build or one that requires a lot of scratch building and that's why this model really is a big hit with me.

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Me Again

Even though i'm not a scratch builder I don't let that stop me from trying.
Those are the other two Jib legs and I was told by a guy that has a line drawing that the drawing showed at least one stored back here.

Works for me by golly
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:19 am

Well barring any pics that might prove otherwise I guess the drawing will have to do. I normally don't trust drawings at all. They are notorious for being full of all kinds of errors especially on "one off" vehicles like this where there isn't alot of documentation. The parts you scratchbuilt look really good though.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:41 am

Roy the four view line drawing is suppose to be in Panzer Tracks 10-1

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:50 pm

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi All
Started getting some color on it today:

I think i'll do the companion piece for this one next:

Have a great weekend guys
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:20 pm

congrats to getting some paint on, always a major turning point, hope youu have fun, aging it and all. thumb1
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:11 am

Yeah James paint is a good sign that you're not that far from the finish line alright.

Instruction Errors:

Step 13
This step tells you to use PE parts MA11 and MA12 for the four brackets that are installed on the right and left ducts below the ammo storage.
If you open the driver vision ports in step 6 you've already used them and will need to scratch build these from Evergreen or scrap PE. They are a three sided box affair like those PE jack block mounting corners you sometimes run across.

Step 24
This step has a double whammy waiting for you.
L7 & L8 are not flagged for use and easy to over look.

Also in Step 24
Parts L23 & L24,small hand wheels are not flagged and shown in the wrong location.
You install these on those small studs on the outside ends of L1 & L2

Step 25
Here we have a part that just shows up
E33 is a piece of channel bar that is installed after the engine housing is attached to the lower hull.

Step 26
Travel Lock assembly
Part L16 is wrong, should be L6

Typical Dragon instructions and the need to keep alert.
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:08 pm

To solve a major gun mounting problem cut this collar off part A15 flush with the base.

I sure hope this is the last error, enough is enough.
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks much for giving us some heads up on this. It is kind of baffling as to how Dragon can't get their shit together over their instruction sheets, it's been going on for years!!!! cry
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen IV and variants