[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Cyberhobby Panzerjäger Sd.Kfz. 164 Nashorn

Cyberhobby Panzerjäger Sd.Kfz. 164 Nashorn

Re: Cyberhobby Panzerjäger Sd.Kfz. 164 Nashorn

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:33 am

Nice work John, this is really a privilege having you post your progress shots here, thanks.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:53 am

Looking good John. Nice work on the fenders. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:48 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby John Mohnen » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:42 am

Finally had some more time to continue my built.
I have still a lot of work left in the forward driver/RO compartment but before I start guessing I am still very much looking for some information re the Radio equipment layout in the RO Compartment.
{Quote} In regards to the location of the radio gear I haven't manage to gather any information where what was installed. I have various layouts for a Panzer III, Panzer IV or STUG layout and if I have to make a decision I am leaning toward the Panzer III locations. I am trying to locate a copy of the Dienstvorschrift (D653-45) which deals with the radiogear installed in the Nashorn. If anyone knows who has a copy or where I can get the info any help would be appreciated. There are only two Nashorn left today ( APG Aberdeen and Kubinka) and I don't know if trhey hold any info. It looks like the one in the APG proving ground has a large granate hole in the front plate so I am wondering maybe someone made some pics thru this hole from the Radio operator side. Any help or pictures of this area would be greatly apprerciated.
Any Help would be very much appreciated.
In the mean time I keep going with the many PE parts for the upperstructure. Slowly getting the hang of working with PE, its just getting the time to have a good go at it.
Here are some pics of the air in/outlets which are included in the Voyager set.
Grill 01.jpg
Topleft pic shows one grille assembled with the kit part below as reference. On the right are the parts for the other grille. I superglued the parts and the reult is a definite improvement over the kit part.
Grill 02.jpg
Here I temporarely glued it in the side wall again with the kit part as reference to the side.
Here a closer look at the grille in situ and you can clearly see the crisp detail.
Grill 03.jpg
Grill 04.jpg
I am happy with the result and the voyager sets are in my opinion a nice improvement of the already nice and crisp kit parts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Mohnen

Postby John Mohnen » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:07 am

Testfitted the upperstructure PE parts and ofcourse with my luck there were enough discrepencies. It seems the dragon kit dimensions are a fraction smaller than the Voyager set.
Here some pics.Misfit 01.jpg
of the rear of the AFV. There is a gap of a couple of mm.
Similar story at the front of the upperstructure.
Misfit 02.jpg.
Started with the back end and with masking tape attached the parts for a proper fit.
Here the excess at the rear.
Misfit 04.jpg
I cut the excess with a pair of keflar snips and filed for a smooth finished.
Here progress before the filing.
Misfit 05.jpg
At the front I had to file the bottom part to bring the whole wall closer to the hull, there is a strengtening bracket on the rear vehicle which will hide this hopefully.
Here you can see that after the filing everything fits nicely.
Alignment 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Mohnen

Postby Tim Coulson » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 am

Looking good John.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Well done. Making it look easy.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 am

Just saw this post on Missing Lynx and remembered that you requested info on the radio area.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/me ... 038662/yep

Hope it helps.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby John Mohnen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:25 am

Tim,
Cheers Mate
Christmas, Easter and Birthday seem to fall on the same day, These are great shots.
Started slowly to give up hope, These will be a greaty help in correctly locating some of the gear.
Have some interior shots from the Hummel and believed they would be similar to the Nashorn but these shots proved this theory wrong.
Looking forward to Monday to have another go at the forward compartment of the built.
This forum rocks.
John Mohnen

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 am

Glad to help John.

Looking forward to seeing progress on this.
Tim Coulson

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen IV and variants