[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Dragon Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E "Vorpanzer" Kit No. 6301

Dragon Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E "Vorpanzer" Kit No. 6301

Re: Dragon Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. E "Vorpanzer" Kit No. 6301

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Steve Sprague » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:59 pm

I havent quite decided yet...the vehicle is just going to be displayed, no diorama or anything is planned. If I can locate a decent looking figure and IF I can get it looking decent, I may include it. Thanks for the link!

BTW, remember when we were discussing my chain additions to the smoke dischargers and you thought they might have been too large for scale? They were 27 links to the inch and passable, but yesterday I ordered some extra fine chain (42 links to the inch) that will be much more appropriate so Ill have to redo the smoke discharger and Im really, really glad I didnt do the tow points and coolant cap chain yet. I got the chain from The Barrel Store if you are interested in finding some.
Steve Sprague

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 pm

Found a picture from my build- I'm not impressed with the painting of the black! :oops:
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:17 am

Hi.
Since you're looking for details, maybe you want to add the water evacuation holes in the turret ring ?

When properly done (I screwed it up on my latest build) it adds a nice touch to the model.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Steve Sprague » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:56 am

Damn those holes are tiny! Smallest bit I have is a #80. Dont think thats going to cut it... :?: :?:
Steve Sprague

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:12 am

I take it one doesn"t have to actually drill the holes all the way thru but maybe only "suggest" them using the point of a needle, if you see what I mean.
Pure deception really.
lol.

In fact the holes look smaller than they are on the previous ^pic due to poor lighting.
Here's a better one (even if a pz III F turret).

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Steve Sprague » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:12 am

Ah, ok...thats better. Not sure Im going to go into that amount of detail, but its always cool to see the real thing and think about implementing it for the 'rivet counters' out there :mrgreen:
Steve Sprague

Postby Steve Sprague » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 pm

Another small update... I think Im in the home stretch now and finally starting to get work on the turret done. The Rommel box is prepped for the PE locks and attachments that are replacing the molded ones. I attempted to do the ones that came with the Dragon kit but managed to snap off one of the little pins on part MA34 :evil: I took a look at the Eduard PE I have for this kit and their part, in my opinion, actually looks better with more refined detail, so Im going to try and go with that. I also started work on the interior crew area, but realized that since this model was not going to have any hatches open that this was work that did not need to really be done. I guess Im opting to devote my kit time to the exterior this time around.

PS Im also trying to do better with the photos. Ive stopped using my Nikon Coolpix and am now using my Canon Powershot G5. I think the results are better. Ive also located my Photoshop CD so I can do a better job of color correction, cropping and presentation.
Steve Sprague

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi pal.
Sounds like I can't find them chains on the barrel store page ... can you help me and pass the link to the actual product ?
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:05 am