[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - SdKfz 141 PzKpfw III. H ~ DML

SdKfz 141 PzKpfw III. H ~ DML

SdKfz 141 PzKpfw III. H ~ DML

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 pm

So this is going to be one of the next builds. The reason is because I plan to start a habit of having two vehicles from opposing sides in one display. This one is to coincide with my T-34/76 1940 build. That one is going to have the colours of the 4th Mechanized Corps. That Soviet tank group met up with the 18th Panzer division attached to the Panzer Group 1, at the Battle of Brody (1941). This is one of the ancient Dragon Imperial Series kits and I've been carting it around for decades.

It will be an old school project, that means lots of aftermarket items. It'll be fun to finally use some of these little upgrades that I've been stowing away over the years. They aren't needed so much with the new generation of kits out there.

Here's what I've got so far,
(some of these may not be applicable once I dig onto my references!)
An Aber rear storage bin-good opportunity to do some battle damage!

Some old resin lifting hook upgrades I got on a visit to Nuremberg.

an old set of Royal Models fenders. Bendy bendy!

Some kraaazy muti part PE jacks from Part.

I got these OOP resin Return rollers because at the time the Dragon ones suck because of knock out marks.

some deluxe tow cables

same issue with knock out marks, I believe, for new gun front plate.

beginning to think I was never going to use these. I remember being very energized about getting some from Rainbow 10 many many moons ago.

Hmm time to do the old exposed and uncovered drive wheel hub, which was pretty exotic back in the day.

some outrageously over engineered parts from Aber for the suspension

a new fancy shmancy lathe turned barrel

and some shoes that even Imelda Marcos would think pretty pricey!!

I've got a special decal sheet with Division logos that I will get the 18th Pz Div. markings from and I'll piece the tactical numbers and crosses from spares.

Anyone want to tally all this up for me..... wallbash ha ha Image
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: SdKfz 141 PzKpfw III. H ~ DML

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:24 am

$64.57 #^(

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Re: SdKfz 141 PzKpfw III. H ~ DML

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:51 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to Panzerkampfwagen III and variants