[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sturmgeschütz Brigade 191

Sturmgeschütz Brigade 191

Sturmgeschütz Brigade 191

Postby sergio laurenzano » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:55 pm

hello,
today start to build the early dragon 1/35 (6320 ) with the nice panzer Art conversion . i will try to do the stug of the 191 brigade showed in the following pincture

i start with wheels and must delete the pin in the rear wheel because the position was wrong
Sergio Laurenzano
Neuquen-Patagonia Argentina
sergio laurenzano

Re: Sturmgeschütz Brigade 191

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Interesting conversion. I noticed the conversion kit doesn't match the pic you posted, the added armor around the cupola doesn't look the same ... are there more pics with this kind of modifications ?
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby sergio laurenzano » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:37 am

Sergio Laurenzano
sergio laurenzano

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 am

OK, look at the conversion kit :

You see in front of the cupola a triangular shaped added armor, a bit like the one found on later versions but with more sharp shapes and behind the cupola you see a square shaped added armor OK ?

Now look at the pic from the book :

I may be wrong but I see neither the triangular part nor the "square part" at the rear. I see they have modified the cupola because it doesn't look like a regular one but I do not see what the kit offers. I just see some added armor (concrete ?) that follows more or less the rounded shape of the cupola ... there is a soldier right behind the cupola you then should see the "angular shaped" part don't you think so ?

It'd be interesting to compare with other pics from the same unit with the same modifications ...
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Bill Morran » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Good Day
I have taken the liberty of temporarily uploading, too a outside web page, a few pictures that may be of help
Scans are fairly large and get squished when viewing with Google Chrome.
(Firefox show okay not sure about others) Site may load slowly.
Hope they may be of help and not a hindrance.
Bill Morran

http://www.pzpflak.ca/191/191.html
Bill Morran

Postby sergio laurenzano » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm

Sergio Laurenzano
sergio laurenzano

Postby sergio laurenzano » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:14 pm

hello, here are some advances. casamate roof and barrel not glued yet. i am working in the sides fenders now,

Sergio Laurenzano
sergio laurenzano

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 pm

That looks really great- thanks for the update, Sergio!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Looking good. Nice to see some of the unusual stuff modeled.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby sergio laurenzano » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:08 am

after some fight with the bolt in the mantlet ( must be straight not cross ) i take a extra work becuse the:
panzer art mantlet: have cover but no bolts
dragon mantlet : no cover no bolts ..only small marks
armorscale mantlet: no cover but with great bolts

so with the micro drill cut and adapt the armorscale barrel into the panzer art mantlet.
any observation are welcome !!

chau
sdl
Sergio Laurenzano
sergio laurenzano

Next

Return to Panzerkampfwagen III and variants