[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - StuH Ausf F (Russia -Dec 42).

StuH Ausf F (Russia -Dec 42).

Re: StuH Ausf F (Russia -Dec 42).

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:56 am

This is how the bugger looks today.
One coat of white, barely weathered. In December 42 these StuHs were less than a month old and the pics do show a rather clean whitewash.
Now I'll deal with the stowage and then the undercarriage ...

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 am

The look is getting there. Starting to look like a weather beaten beast.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:01 am

Roy, thanks for the kind words.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Looks great, Laurent!! The only thing I don't like is the tow wires; I prefer to use wire leader (a steel wire used in fishing...eve when I've not fished ever :D)
Waiting the next steps
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks Dario. The cables I think come from one DML pz IV ausf H kit ...
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:37 am

I think once the tow cables are weathered they will look alot better.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 am

The sun was shining in my living room so I decided for some pics ... not they're a success but at lesat they show the latest improvements.
Note that the stowage and extra track links are not done yet. Still some painting to do.

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 am

Look nice at the sunshine, Laurent. I don't know what other process you will add later, but remember to add paint chipping on the hinges.

When I built my Pz III M I had the same issue with the scarf on the LH fender; I put a MG ammo box covering the scarf, with the intention of put a infanterie soldier with a MG standing at side (wich I never did :oops: )

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Dario, this fender issue is so obvious that I fear I'll forget it too. LOL.
Of course I still have to work on the details such as hinges, tools and the likes but at least everything's in place now minus the tracks which soon will be on, maybe today.
The details as far as I am concernd always take ages to be completed.
Here's what makes the story more complicated is that the Pz IV Ausf J is waiting for me ... ha ha.
Will I be able to stick to the new rule that say "not until the previous one's finished" ?
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen III and variants