[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

Postby Markus Lack » Sat May 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey guys,
I´d like to share my latest build with you guys.
Some of you might have already seen this one over on another forum or on Facebook, but since I like this forum so much, I´d like to blog it here as well :).
Well, it´s DML´s StuG III Ausf. F/8 SmartKit and like all of their Pz.III and Pz.IV based kits, it´s a charm.

Besides the base kit I used the following goodies:
Tracks - Friul,
Barrel - RB,
Aerials - Modellbauwelt Bliestal,
StuG III Detail parts - Modellkasten,
Wingnuts - Bronco,
Tow cables and ammoshells - Eureka,
Screw heads around Gun collar - Lion Roar (they might be a bit overscale but look better than the molded ones),
Jerry cans - Tasca for the german ones, Model Victoria for the italian,
Ammo box - Tamiya,
Figure - Doug´s,
Tool clamps - ABER

Quite early I decided to depict it as a vehicle of the "Hermann Göring" Division in Italy. Partly because of the figure, but mainly because it offered a chance to depict it in the second version of the tropical scheme: "Spezialanstrich für Afrika", a scheme you see very rarely and so it was the perfect chance for me.
As some of you might know, Peter Müller and Wolfgang Zimmermann are very good friends of mine and after a longer phonecall with Wolfgang because of the colours, I came to the conclusion you´ll see later :).
For the base colour I used a mixture from:
Tamiya Dark Yellow, Dessert Yellow, Skin, White and Gloss,
for the camo I used:
Tamiya Dessert Yellow, Khaki, Khaki Drab, Skin and Gloss.
Since the barrels of several "HG"-vehicles appear quite dark on the pics I sprayed mine with Grey.
The colours are still very bright, but since I tend to darken my stuff quite a bit during weathering, I had to lighten them that much.

And here´s the kit I plan to finish after the StuG:

Hope you like it so far!
Comments and critics more than welcome!
Markus Lack

Re: StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

Postby Dario Risso » Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Nice Sturms, Markus!!
I'm interested in info about the sIG 33 auf Pz III; can you recommend some sources?
Thanks
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat May 21, 2011 8:27 pm

Wow wee wow wow, nice work Marcus, glad you took the time to post for us. I saw this earlier today but have spent the day working on the struts for the Flak 38's I'm doing- and it is time consuming. And sometimes not all that rewarding... But these look great! :Y)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Sun May 22, 2011 3:14 am

Thanks a lot Jamie and Dario, glad you like them!

Dario,
I mainly used the Spielberger Pz.III and StuG books, the Achtung Panzer on StuGs and Osprey´s "Modelling the german 15cm sIG 33 Bison and Grille".
I can only recommend all of them, but Gary Edmundson´s Osprey book was the biggest help. I pretty much copied his sIG. I really, really liked working on this old kit (and still do). Besides some spots that need some refinement, it´s ready for paint :).

Jamie,
I´ve seen you guys have been quite busy lately, but I need to do some catch-up before commenting, which I´ll definitely do ;). :Y)
Markus Lack

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun May 22, 2011 4:49 am

Very nice clean builds Markus. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Markus Lack » Mon May 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks a lot Tim!
Markus Lack

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Markus.
As said in another forum, two nice ones.
But the black rubber tires look weird to me.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Markus Lack » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Hey guys,
sorry for disapearing once again, but I was way to busy with work the last couple of weeks...
Even though I wasn´t able make enough progress on the StuG (thanks to work) to post it, I was able to work on the figure.
It´s the first time I painted a figure entirely with Acrylics (usually there´s always a few spots I work with oil) and even though there´s still some work to do, I like where it´s going to.
Since my girl didn´t like the head that came with the figure, I decided to use a Hornet one (gotta say, it really looks better this way). The breast eagle is one from Tamiyas Uniformdecal set.
I hope you like it so far.
Markus Lack

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:51 pm

It looks very good, Markus ! Wich brand is the figure? (except the head, of course)

Darío
Dario Risso

Next

Return to Panzerkampfwagen III and variants