[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - stug III G "late"

stug III G "late"

stug III G "late"

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:37 am

Hi guys.
I don't have much time for modelling these days but I decided to finish some of the old (aborted ?) projects that hang aound here.
First of all this StuG III G, kit Dragon #9058.
My idea was to replicate this one :

I started this project almost a year ago and let it go as I wasn't too pleased with my home made Zimmerit. At first I thought the Zimmerit on the original StuG looked very roughly applied so I could keep mine but the digital pics sure enhance the flaws.
Not knowing if I were to keep the Zimmerit as it was I decided last week to add the photo etched parts (Lion Roar kit). At least some parts do not look like the real thing at all and will soon be replaced (follow the blue arrow). plese note that some parts still have to be glued on (cupola, wheels, return rollers etc ...) and I'll add the Shürzen at the very last minute after the first coats of paint.
A few minutes ago I decided I wouldn't keep my Zimmerit and ordered Cavalier set #CV128. It can't be worse than mine uh ?
As usual every constructive comment is most welcome and if you notice a mistake please let me know.

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Re: stug III G "late"

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Laurent. Nice model!. It seems a zimmerit change will improve it, but don't quit to make your own zimmerit for future projects, it's just practice and to get the right tools.
I see not mistakes in the StuG
Wainting for updates

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:22 am

Hi guys.
while too buzy to find some time for modelling I still had an eye on my StuG G, I received the Cavalier Zimmerit set and as good as it is it deosn't allow me to build THE Stug I wanted to. I was there trying to make a decision when I received this mail :
"Hi Laurent
Today I saw your nice Stug in Forum mentioned above. It is nice idea and good work (I like your Zim) but if you want to build exactly this Stug then some points. This Stug was produced between 7/44 (guncradle) and 9/44
The big towing bar was introduced in Dec. 1944, Zimmerit ended in Sept. 1944. at this time there were only the 8 fixing bolts below muffler installed
Bosch light instead of Notek
A kind of frame instead of Nahverteidigungswaffe
Only 3 Pilze
I was thinking to do the same vehicle in 1/72 so I took a further look to the pic.
Hope my informations are useful and not annoying
happy Modelling
Robert"

you know what ?
The man's right.
Exactly the kind of comment I like and expect.
Don't know yet what's gonna happen ...
:|
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:50 am

you know what ?
The man's right.
Exactly the kind of comment I DON'T like and expect.
:o

I mean....after has worked for weeks in the vehicle, to receive that info....man I would be K.O.! :D

Well, Laurent, remember: this is a hobby; is just an activity to relax and forget for a moment all the damn troubles of the real world; at least is so for me ...and is cheaper thas a sicologist :twisted:

May the force be with u

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)