[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

Re: StuG III Ausf. F/8 - Alkett September ´42 production

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 am

Hey guys,
sorry for the late reply, work begins to be a bitch again...

Thanks a lot for the kind words regarding the figure, it means a lot to me!

Dario,
the figure comes from the Doug´s range. I can´t recommend them enough. The might need a bit of work, but they are a close second after Alpine.

Alright, I had some spare time to work a bit more on the StuG and used this to apply some filters and started with the dusting.
When working with the Filters, I started with some MIG ones, but soon switched to Humbrol. The MIG filters work great, but somehow I didn´t like their colours too much. The didn´t work quite well with the camo on the StuG.
Since I never felt too comfortable with Pigments (I guess this is mainly my fault since others achieve great results with them), I´ll try to work mainly with Humbrol paints and AK-products for the dirt and dust.
Sven Frisch gave me the tipp to try out the AK-stuff and so I ordered several of their products and after a quick test, they seem to be exactly what I need. I´m under the impression that they did put some pigments in their Enamels and this seems to work quite nicely. If you haven´t already, give them a try.
Anyway, to make a long story short, here are the pics:

Ignore the cat hair...

I hope you like it so far.
Markus Lack

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 am

Dario Risso

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:18 am

Thanks a lot Dario! :)

Ok, it´s been a while since I´ve updated this blog, mainly because me being to lazy to write... wss.
Anyways, I´ve played a bit with AK Interactive´s stuff for the dirt and dust, which worked better than expected.

After that I used my Airbrush and some oils to add some more streaks to break up the surface of the StuG.

Now it´s time to add some more dust and dirt and work a bit more on the tracks before calling this one finished.
I hope you like it so far! :)
Markus Lack

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 am

"Like it?"
Are you kiddin me?I think it's great Markus. thumb4
Your figure is fine too ;woot:

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Michael Seemann » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:56 am

Wonderful, crisp modelling and painting there Markus. thumb3
Michael Seemann

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 am

Very nice Markus! thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Markus Lack » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks heaps fellas! It means a lot to me! :)
Markus Lack

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 am

Very nice looking StuG. The figure is top notch as well.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Juan Lázaro » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Magnificent work. The details are seen by clarity.
The only thing that I do not like, for seeing a mistake, is the thickness of the antenna. In my opinion I see it out of scale.
But it is only that. An opinion.
Congratulations for its work.

A greeting.
Juan Lázaro

Previous

Return to Panzerkampfwagen III and variants