[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Panzer 38(t) Ausf.E/F Kaputt

Panzer 38(t) Ausf.E/F Kaputt

Re: Panzer 38(t) Ausf.E/F Kaputt

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:05 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Some advances:
Dragon provides 3 20 l jerrycans with P.E. to simulate the welding, but...the P.E. is wider than the jerrycans. It needs some filing to the P.E. and deleting the pins of the jerrycans.

According the "525" picture as refernce, I made the jerrycan holders, using plasticard and PE provided by Dragon for the belts. I replace the towing pin too

I made the 3 little rings of the turret roof using copper wire

Some pics with the scene layout just to check how it looks. I need to improve the left track shape to match the terrain. The 2 rags was made with Milliput

Some better pictures showing the dust, simulated using a mix of pigments and pastel chalks, diluted in glass cleaner.
The Mr Mark Setter affected the number 2 of the right side, so...blame the Abteilung painter :D

That's all for now
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:46 am

Looking good Darío. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Looking good. I like the different turret numbers.

Roy
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Sun May 20, 2012 6:56 am

Thanks guys; I've been re-working the LH tracks, and painting some details and a figure. after a month, this is the last update:

Tools are from Eduard

The slightly cross-eyed soldier came from Tristar, with Legend head. If you look it with love and from about 2 m.... it looks a bit like Dustin Hoffman :D

Dario Risso

Postby Juan Lázaro » Sun May 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Hello Darío. I like the quantity of details and the colors used for everything.
The only thing that he would say to you, is that I see very much empty space.
But I repeat that I like how you take it.
thumb2
Juan Lázaro

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon May 21, 2012 4:58 am

I like the tools and rags and the ground work vegetation, is it static grass and crushed leaves? What did you use for the leaves on the tree? Silver birch tree catkins also make great mini leaves. Don't know if you have these trees in Argentina? See http://sdkfz7.free.fr/manufacturing.htm

A couple of observations, I don't want to sound critical but, as Juan said there appears to be a lot of empty space on the dirt road. Maybe you've already got something planned for there.

The tree roots could blend more into the ground work, as it looks like the tree has been placed on top of the ground, rather than being part of the ground. Or were you going for an uprooted look due to impact from the Panzer?

Nice work Darío. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Mon May 21, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks, guys.
Juan, you're right; I forget to mention it, my idea is to put something that has atracted the soldier look; I don't know what yet, maybe an animal, a soldier riding a bike, an E.T....I just don't know :D

Tim, I use the tiny leaves/needles of asparagus acutifolius for the grass:

The leave are just oregano leaves, also knows as wild marjoram or..."pizza herb"; I buy 50 g. of leaves, for $ 0,75 and is enough for an entire wood :D
I've read about birch seeds but not silver birch in my city (I call to Municipal Department of trees a couple of years ago to ask)
I tint the organ leaves following this method: http://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/24
I use oil paint, diluted in white spirit, instead of acrilic because...I don't know, I though oil will stick better to the leaves than aqueos paints.

You're right about the roots, I must add more dead leaves and grass to the ground.

Thanks both for your comments
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Juan Lázaro » Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 pm

An idea:
An advertizing cartel with a sexy girl?
In addition to a point where German looks at a motive for having hit against the tree. Also we would add a nice touch. ;watching;
Juan Lázaro

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 am

Yes, my only suggestion would be the roots of the tree. I like the work you've done. Very nice.

Roy
Roy Schlicht

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) and 38(t) and variants