[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Panzer 38(t) Ausf.E/F Kaputt

Panzer 38(t) Ausf.E/F Kaputt

Re: Panzer 38(t) Ausf.E/F Kaputt

Postby Derek Baker » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Dario

You did an excellent job with the interior. The rusted pipe almost fooled me into thinking it was another photo of the tank being restored!!
thumb1
Also, I really like your idea for the diorama because it is possible to tell a story with your plan!
thumb5
I wonder if you will need to add some figures to make the story more obvious. Perhaps you could have a few soldiers looking at the tank from the road, or firing in the directio the antitank shell came from?

Perhaps you could make the scene look like it just happened. Two members of the crew could be climbing out of the tank with some cuts and bruises, and since the commander and gunner were in the turret, they could have already gotten out of the tank. Perhaps the commander could be inspecting the damaged drive sprocket and the other crew member could be trying to lift the track that is still on the road?

Or, if you didn't want to do figures, then perhaps you could include a recovery vehicle or an ambulance on the road ready to help.

Of course, these are only suggestions that I could think of now. It is your diorama and you already have a great idea, and you are already much more creative than I will ever be!
;-)
Cheers,

Derek
Derek Baker

Postby Juan Lázaro » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:45 am

Greetings Dario. For visual aesthetics or logic I would not put the broken chain at that position. I do not know if it would remain so rigid.
The appearance of the engine is very believable. Good job there.
Juan Lázaro

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 am

Thanks for your opinions, guys.
Derek, I still have not idea about the figures: perhaps a crew smoking, waiting for the berge or mechanics; or maybe a pair of mechanics...or a pair of russian looking inside the tank...Just don't know yet.
Juan, the broken track will run to the back of the tank; I use the old Italeri kits just for the pic; the Dragon one has Magic Tracks.

I change my mind about the ditch...the ditch is gone :D
This is the new layout:

The tree needs more leaves; I will work on that this weekend.

Cheers
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:02 am

An abandoned tank with some Red Army soldiers looking it over is pretty cool. That would help explain the open engine compartment and such. I would think that the MG would be pulled out though. When a crew abandoned a tank they usually took the MGs with them unless it was done in a hurry. I also don't know how easy it was to pull out the MG in a 38(t).

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks Roy for the suggestions.
I made little advances:
Details added to the clutch/brakes system

Interior parts ready for painting

Some color added

I made a little parenthesis in the building to share some details of this vehicle

1) You can see Herr Otto Carius Panzer 38(t) in the Photos section of the book Panzers in the Mud

2) 4 little videos of Kubinka's restored Panzer 38 (t)
http://www.kubinka.ru/newindex.php?id=149&lang=2

3) I note in some pics the crew hang helmets and canteens from the turret, but I'm not sure where this elements was hanging on

Looking carefully the pics, I found the turret has small ring welded to the roof; perhaps the crew use some wire or thread to tie the helmets

4) I note the presence of a sort of handle for engine cover

5) And I note too the engine covers could be set in open position by the use of this pins

6) A rare secuence of pics: in the first one you can see tank 211 parked in front of a bookstore

And in the next picture, in the same place, the LHS drive wheel...is gone (and the track, obviusly is loose)
Perhaps the crew took the drive wheel to repair another vehicle?

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Looking good Darío. Nice work on the interior. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks Tim!
I've almost finished the interior; it needs justs details like a headset and a magazine or newspaper or perhaps some 37 mm shells on the floor.

As you can see, I choose to paint the fire extinguisher red (maybe it was green?) and the cushions in light brown, not the usual black or dark brown

Comments are wellcomed
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:02 pm

You improve with each model, well done! ,:>
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:07 am

Good job, I'm kind of curious about the ammo feed for the Hull MG. Looks odd coming in from the right side with just a loose hanging belt.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:09 am

Thanks guys!
Roy, yup, is strange the ammo feeding, perhaps I shoul add an ammo box on the floor?

Anyway, it seems the MG can fire with the ammo belt and the help of an assistent:

http://forum.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/17115

Darío
Dario Risso

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) and 38(t) and variants