[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Pz. 38(t) Comparison w/ DML, Tristar, Maquette

Pz. 38(t) Comparison w/ DML, Tristar, Maquette

Pz. 38(t) Comparison w/ DML, Tristar, Maquette

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:53 pm

This is an old thread I started on another board and have reawakened it at Dario's request- I'll try and piece it together! #^(

Okay I am going to start this. It is going to be a big challenge to keep steam up for it but we'll see how far it goes, eh?
I will be using as many aftermarket items that I can afford- to expose you all to what is available. Also I will build the Dragon version first as with the Griffin PE sets some plastic parts can trickle down to the Maquette kit to help upgrade it. The Tristar version will be made next for the same reason and then finally the Maquette version will be made.
I am going to just build and try to keep editorial comments to a minimum.

In any case to kick it off let's start with the kits with sprue shots.
............................................................................................................
Dragon's

The boxart

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Pz. 38(t) Comparison w/ DML, Tristar, Maquette

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:56 pm

And the instruction sheet

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Fortunately, I was able to pick up the new sets for Dragons Pz.38(t) from Griffon, They look pretty promising but I'll know more after working with them.
Set L35009 Exterior

fenders
You get a gun barrel to boot!
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:09 pm

The Interior set, L35010

And the Transmission set, L35011

there is also replacement MG from Griffon
LB35011

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:36 pm

[QUOTE=mbabsit;57467]Yeah, but all that PE looks great. Question: why would you want to do the Maquette kit?[/QUOTE]

This would be a good time to introduce this little gem...;)
And to answer your question I would want to do the Maquette kit cause I paid $43.17for it!:yell:
And I'm going to get my money's worth in fun, if it kills me! (check out the price tag, bought many moons ago)

Check out the excellent(?) decals that come with the set (appears to be the same one used in all the Pz 38(t) kits from these guys....)
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:44 pm

here's the plastic sprues....

Plus I bought and paid for some PE sets that I'm 'a gonna useImage

First the pretty lame Eduard set- bought when I did not know any better.

And then there is the more useful Aber set

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:34 pm

So now the Panzer 38(t) from Tristar. I only have the E/F version for now, I'll replace it with the G when it comes in. I think, most of the sprues are the same?
Anyway it is interesting to see that the Maquette artwork and the Tristar are the same in their POV, seeming to me to be based on the wartime picture of one downloading from a train car.

I'll update the post here with the instruction sheet and artwork when the kit shows up
here. Till then I'll post the sprues from the E/F version.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Wow, that alot of info. I really like the 38(t) and have the Dragon G and Tristar boxings of the B, E and G not to mentione the other vehicles based on the chassis. Great info.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Yup, nice post, lucky us you has recovered it :panzer1:

Thanks
Darío
Dario Risso

Next

Return to Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) and 38(t) and variants