[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Late production Hetzer

Late production Hetzer

Late production Hetzer

Postby Darren Gawle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 am

Kind of timely with Tomi posting photos of his Hetzer, so I hope I'm not crowding by adding mine to the gallery. This is the ancient DML "Command" Hetzer which I've been poking around with, on and off, for about the past 8 or 9 years (!!!) Much of the delay has been due to comparing the Aber PE set and kit details to reference photos of the APG Hetzer and the MBI Hetzer book. I tackled one of the most frightening (for me, anyway) hurdles tonight and scratchbuilt much of the rundumfeuer mount with kit parts, Aber, the armoured-barrel MG42 from the Tamiya Pz.IV OVE set and styrene. It's so complicated I had to bite the bullet and just simplify certain details, but the kit part by itself is entirely unsuitable.

The barrel is Jordi Rubio (...) and the muffler is Moskit (RIP) Not photographed are the idler wheels, which I lifted from a DML "Flamm-Hetzer" kit (the later 6-hole idlers) Still on the scratchbuilding list is the jack mount and the details for the cap over the engine starter crank port. But mostly the kit is almost finished.

Darren Gawle

Re: Late production Hetzer

Postby Tomi Eloranta » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 am

Sorry dude, is it me or is there something wrong since I can't see images? There is text: "image" but no actual pics...
Make war, then love.
Tomi Eloranta

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:15 am

Hey Darren thanks for posting your work, the more the merrier. The network 54 realm does not seem to work. Not just on this boards software but when I copy and paste the url of the jpg it won't show in a browser window. Not sure what the problem is but hopefully you will find the time and energy to make a change so we can see your work.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Darren Gawle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 am

Ok, set myself up with a PhotoFuckit account. Let me know if this doesn't work!

Darren Gawle

Postby Tomi Eloranta » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:25 am

Works thumb1 Nice work, I like Hetzers. Can't be too many of them :lol:
Make war, then love.
Tomi Eloranta

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Nice details!!!! Wich paint scheme would you choice ?

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Darren Gawle » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm thinking of the scheme the Bovington Hetzer was captured in - I don't have the MBI book nearby, so I can't say which factory right now.

Thanks!

D
Darren Gawle

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 am

It sure looks good !
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Looking good Darren thumb6

I will shortly be putting some of my photos of the Aberdeen Proving Ground Hetzer in the walk around section. Hopefully they might provide some different views from the photos you already have.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Darren Gawle » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 am

Been hustling to get some work done on this over the holidays, finally working up the ebergy to deal with some real PITA sub-assemblies I kept putting off. This build has been going on for over 9 years now, and as you'll see there are almost no useable detail parts with the original kit.

Started with that collar underneath the mantlet which holds the mantlet to the gun:

So that it's supposed to look like this from the side:

Then I bit the bullet and finished therundumfeuer (the remote-controlled MG on the hull roof) It's not as good as it could be (see Mike Roof's StuG IV on ML for an exquisite job on that part) But any further poking at it by me won't make it any better and will only lead further into the realms of insanity, so I'm going to have to be happy with it. And not photograph it any closer than this:

The rear plate: I'm going to chicken out and not do the tow cables, but there are a couple of extra details here I still need to add.

DG
Darren Gawle

Next

Return to Panzerkampfwagen 35(t) and 38(t) and variants