[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz.124 "Wespe" - Tamiya 1/35

Sd.Kfz.124 "Wespe" - Tamiya 1/35

Re: Sd.Kfz.124 "Wespe" - Tamiya 1/35

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 pm

I sprayed some extremely thinned Tamiya Dark Yellow and Olive Green over the spots that appeared to dark to me which lightened them a bit.
Next was the application of wet MIGments.
I used:
Europe Dust,
Rubbel Dust,
Dark Mud,
Mixture from Dark Mud und Europe Dust.

I´m not very used to pigments, as some of you might know, but I really like how it came out.
As it seems, all that is left now is finishing the tools and the figure.

Some pics in full resolution:

And this is where it stands right now :).
I hope you like it!
Comments and critics are always welcome!
Markus Lack

Postby Markus Lack » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 am

Heydiho everbody,
the "Wespe" is done!
Before I show the pics, just a few words about the figure:
For the first time in my whole life I painted a figure completely with Acrylics (Vallejo) without the slightest bit of oils. I´m not 100% satisfied with it, but I learned a lot (like trying to avoid to mess up the shadows on the right arm ;) ).
Anyway, I want to thank everybody who helped me during this build and commented on this Blog!
To name just a few:
Niels Henkemans for his help during research, James Tainton for the pics of the Munster vehicle and Rick Lawler for keeping to push me further when it comes to weathering.

To be perfectly honest, not everything turned out how I wanted it to be, but I learned a whole bunch of new things during this build and I had a blast working on it, so it was worth it ;).

I hope you like it and don´t hold back with critics where you see any!
Markus Lack

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:34 pm

I've been looking at your Wespe ever since you first posted it across the street and i've come to the conclusion that Boy have I got a long way to go. :mrgreen:

Tony Lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Man, that thing looks great and the figure looks really good too! Nice work.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Hey friends,
thanks a lot for your kind words!
I´m pretty surprised about all the positive feedback I get for this build, as I never was too sure about the Wespe.

Tony,
no mate, you don´t have to go a long way, it really isn´t anything special what I do. It´s just trying out some techniques and hoping that they won´t mess up the whole build :D.

James,
you know, one of the reasons to put more work in my builds has been your Blogs ;).
And then, the build of the Wespe wouldn´t have been possible, the way I did, without your pics.
Markus Lack

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:30 pm

Both are wonderfull!! The Wespe and the figure; I reeeally wish my first figure was like this :evil:

Darío
Dario Risso

Previous

Return to Panzerkampfwagen II and variants