[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - PzKpfw I Ausf C [VK 601] ~ Hobbyboss

PzKpfw I Ausf C [VK 601] ~ Hobbyboss

Re: PzKpfw I Ausf C [VK 601] ~ Hobbyboss

Postby pawel.janczarek » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 am

pawel.janczarek

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Okay I have an update for you all on this one- I was right to wait to deal with the terrible track issue. Recently I became aware of and ordered a set of aftermarket tracks from a company called Spade Ace Models (SAT 35111), having not heard of this company before I was willing to take the chance and see what would result. I got the tracks in the mail the other day and was happy to see on a quick test fit showed the tracks fit around the sprocket wheel easily and properly. The links are white metal ala Fruilmodel. The casting is very good with only a few links needing some flash removed. The wire that comes with it is that peculiar stuff you find in Voyager photo etch sets, that is not really bendable. In the Voyager sets I discard this wire- it really is not useful, but here it works pretty well. I ended up using some Fruilmodel wire to get more play in the tracks.

The black ones are the shitty kit pieces

Using the usual technique of assembling two links then those pair are joined and so on and so on.

Unfortunately there were a few short to make the links fit completely around the suspension. I wrote the dealer and he promptly replied and some extras are on the way. Once those arrive I will finish this kit up and post some pics.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 pm

The new tracks breath some life back in to the kit!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:00 pm

So I have a few images to report as to progress on this one. I decided to paint this one with the Mr. Hobby, Aqueous Hobby Color, H401, flat dark gray.

This is the deflector at the back under the muffler. I will replace it with some brass cut to size and curved to fit.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm

So here is the muffler. I plan to paint it black and use a two part paint to give it some rust.

One of things that was holding me back, besides the tracks is the two small boxes. I filled and sanded the holes on the fender that are meant for the kits plastic legs on the boxes.

I added my own legs made from brass.

There is some Jerry cans support included with the kits PE. Weak but I used them, there is no buckle or anything, oh well it'll look fine.

On the back of the turret you can see I have made two tow cable clamps, the kits parts are lame.

I did the Two Color Disruptive: 1935 – Introduced in 1935, the two color disruptive pattern consisted of dark grey and dark brown (Dunkelgrau RAL 7021 & Dunkelbraun RAL 7017) applied in a two-thirds/one-third pattern

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Looks good and dark!
What is the round object on the front slope?
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 pm

So after a clear coat of matt Humbrol clear, I added several filters and then added some mud to the under fender area of the hull. Prior to that I had airbrushed an earth colour Humbrol 29 and another mud color from PollyScale.
The wheels were also treated with the earth and mud colour but I didn't add any mud as I want this one not to be too messy.

The Spade Ace tracks, which were treated with vinegar and then "Blacken it" to give them a more realistic look. The shiny shots are while I was fitting them and making sure I had enough links. After the Blacken It I added some pigments which were held in place with some Tamiya X-20 thinner.

After blacken it

Pigments

on the right tracks you can see the high points have been sanded to bring some shiny metallic sheen to it.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:26 pm

Nice James, I noticed the reply you made to my Friul track post on ML and decided to come here and see how this kit progressed. The Spade Ace tracks look nice. Where did you get them and how much? The Friul tracks will come with sprockets which is nice but I wonder why. Is the kit ones wrong? The Friuls will also sell for about $30.00 here in Washington State so I may wait and get them. I did finish my IC build a while back. It was a review sample for AMPS. But I am planning another one that I will build with a bit more detail and some changes. I am curious about your choice of scheme. The IC didn't start series production until late 41 (the first two delivered in July) too late for the two tone scheme. Nice job though, It looks really nice.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen I and variants