[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - PzKpfw I Ausf C [VK 601] ~ Hobbyboss

PzKpfw I Ausf C [VK 601] ~ Hobbyboss

Re: PzKpfw I Ausf C [VK 601] ~ Hobbyboss

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Tried adding the tracks from the kit today and the fit around the sprocket wheel is very very bad! There is going to have to be some major sanding to get things to fit!!!!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 pm

James,
Are there AM tracks available?
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 am

I assumed that a limited run tank would share componets with proven designs-what exactly is the problem with the spockets; teeth not matching up, etc? Too bad as I would think HB had a winner here...
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:16 pm

This is all too bad. Did they use the turret as a bunker? Just thinking out loud...
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:08 pm

James, I am also building this kit right now (a review kit for AMPS) and am also having a problem with the track to sprocket fit (after your post on ML). Also, my turret has a gap at the rear where I'm going to have to use rod to fill and shape like a weld. I hate to be the one to tell you this but you put pieces B34/35 on wrong. I had to cut the locating pins off mine to get them to fit properly. Look at page 1-154 on th PT book and youll see what I mean. Looks like you got them flipped around. I am also seriously considering replacing the barrel. the kit one just looks crappy. Great job and thanks for informing us about the tracks.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:50 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 pm

So James what did you decide to do about this little critter? Another thing I noticed while building mine is that the turret doesn't traverse the full 360. That little key hole thing next to the drivers hatch gets in the way. It will have to be relocated or removed.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen I and variants