[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen (Sd Kfz 265)

Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen (Sd Kfz 265)

Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen (Sd Kfz 265)

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:18 am

Okay I'm gonna make a Pz Bef Wg based on a Ausf A. I will be doing two versions of the Pz. Bef. Wg. Ausf B as well but this is next in line . I already have a few Panzer I/A and one Dragon Panzer I/B that I did over at another website that I'll probably bring over here just for people to refer to. In the mean time I'm going to use the Tristar Panzer I/A for a base for this conversion. It'll be pretty simple to scratch the upper armour but it'll be a cool little addition.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen (Sd Kfz 265)

Postby Dan Reed » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Another PZIA to watch! thumb1 I imagine it will be in the three tone scheme that has a neat look about it.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:47 am

Well Dan I started this one with out even knowing it when I tarted the ohne Aufbau Panzer I/A- I've changed the hull from that kit over to here- using the hull parts from the above kit for the trainer- benefiting from lessons learned. It's an open topped vehicle so it needs to have the polished look. BTW any opinion on whether the front access hatch would e the early smaller type or the biggest later item? I'm leaning towards an early one just from a glimpse I have seen in an E-bay picture I have.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Laura » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:52 am

wow james - you really meant it with building your way through the german panzer development!

what an epic task!

can we expect a neubaufahrzeug in the future? wss.
Laura

Postby Dan Reed » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 am

James, Without digging thru my books, I'd guess that it would have the smaller hatch; great photos by the way!
Are you using MIG's conversion for this? There is a older issue of MilMod that has a build of this little guy-love the very early paint scheme!
Dan :panzer1:
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

So I have started on this by bending and soldering the fender replacement set from Aber. These are being built in tandem with the set for the trainer Panzer I/A so for now I would suggest you check out that blog for the process.I have decided that the early version of the Panzer I/A will be the basis of the conversion- therefore the two fuel opening engine deck will be employed. I have decided to not bother with any aftermarket access hatch vanes as I was not all that happy with any improvements seen when I did the Aber on on the Ohne Aufbau.

The fit of the hatch is a bit rough and not as crisp as one would like but I guess nothings perfect. It'll have to do until Aber or someone else comes out with a rear engine deck for this kit. These gas caps are also a bit of a pain to get to sit right as the size is a little small for the opening.

Here you can see the ancient remains of the Historic kit of Kleine Panzerbefehlswagen (15 or so years) that I've kept hoping to use one day. BAsically I'll let the pics speak for themselves as I use the upper hatch portion cut from a modern Tristar turret. This is blended in and a coat of flat black to prime to see how it all looks.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:38 am

Good idea on transfering the Tristar parts to the old kit. Was this superstructer welded on?
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:34 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Okay well this is sort of painfully moving along today- but I gotta say the way Tristar has designed for attaching the upper superstructure parts to the lower hull is really clunky and just really difficult to deal with when doing a renovation like this! The back end flange at the very back sits too proud - I had to sand it all flat to get it to sit right and to be able to move it forward where it ought to be.- and the way the front upper superstructure fits onto the front glacis and the lower hull is fucked up. I'm not slagging Tristar - just saying- this area of the model could have used more thought!.
I am really frustrated but have not thrown it against the wall yet! ;woot:
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Panzerkampfwagen I and variants