[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - PzKpfw I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau ~ Tristar

PzKpfw I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau ~ Tristar

Re: Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon May 24, 2010 2:27 pm

So here you can see the wheels being glued together- I want the wheels to be movable so I only used a tiny drop of 2 part epoxy on the necessary surfaces and then clamped it tight while the chemicals did their thing. Having them movable will assist in access for later weathering.

You can also see here that I have used a mix of a light grey #106 and earth #29 and painted the sides of the tires. The surface that hits the road was painted with grimy black from PollyScale.

Just a test to re-familiarize myself with the wheels- it's been a while!

The colour was bad on these shots so I made it B&W for clarity- the metal axle for the rear idler is fitted- much longer than needed at this point- easier to assemble this way and then later trim back excess.

The inside and outside of the rear wheels needs a couple of nuts and another fitting to be complete. These will be glued in place with some thin CA glue.

Making sure I have the right assembly on the right side

Trimming back the excess- and then filing to a smooth surface.

Otherside

fitting the suspension parts in place- as you can see the white plastic rod is far too long- again to aid in ease of assembly- these stalks will need to be trimmed back now as well.

snipped- the faces of the trim will need to be flattened out with a sanding block- and then the centre will be drilled out to fit the rods that will hold the strengthening bar in place.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue May 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Here you can see I have painted the faces of the wheels that seem to show up as polished metal in photos from the period- obviously due to something or other rubbing up against these areas.
These will next be attached to the hull for prosperity.

Some touch ups obviously will be forthcoming...

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 am

Niiiceeee (drooling smily)

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Markus Lack » Thu May 27, 2010 9:34 am

Very, very nice work James!
Don´t get me wrong please, but it seems like you are really putting more work in the finish of your builds.
You know, I always loved your work, but this time it looks like you are doing more weathering and stuff on this build than you do on your older stuff.
It looks fantastic.
And thanks a lot for the videos!
Markus Lack

Postby Dan Reed » Mon May 31, 2010 9:22 am

Great stuff here, James. I seem to have been removed from email notifacation, so it was a pleasent surprise when I checked out your site and found some new updates to the school vehicle.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:50 pm

James, JUst off a two week vacation, so I might simply have deleated your updates. :oops:
Keep up the great work, Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Very nice work on the wheels Jamie.thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Re: PzKpfw I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau ~ Tristar

Postby SteveHutchinson » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Jamie

I am working on the same Tristar kit with the Aber interior set. Your blog is really informative but without the photos its lost the best bits :cry:
Is it possible to re populate the photos?

I know its an old blog but I would certainly be eternally grateful :D

Thank you for sharing your skills with us all.

Steve H
SteveHutchinson

Re: PzKpfw I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau ~ Tristar

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen I and variants